Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 10!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

Yep, some great value around at the moment. Here are a couple of my recent purchases:
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=9257595
    http://www.blackoutrugby.com/game/club.squad.php#player=9725013

Both will pretty much pay for themselves over a few seasons even without any individual training.

I think it's that plus the normal mid-season downswing in prices. As teams get knocked out of the cup, they are trying to reduce numbers, not increase them.

I'm playing around with the idea of buying a few high-csr players over the next couple of weeks. I reckon the difference in prices between now and week 15 (just before knockouts/qualifiers) could allow me to have them for free :)

Very clever... If my balance wasn't near 600k in the red I'd join you.

In other cup related news... half time and I'm 7 up, 19-12 for the Curlies. Oh no, could it be that I've predicted my own match incorrectly :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

im in quite the match up, just got back level 25-25 with 10 mins left on the clock. in for a nail biting finish!!

Cruised in at 32-19. Wuhahahahahah. Victory is mine!

They scored a penalty with last kick of game 28-25. Gutted. Blackout can be cruel mistress sometimes. Im off to drown my sorrows....milk should do it!

They scored a penalty with last kick of game 28-25. Gutted. Blackout can be cruel mistress sometimes. Im off to drown my sorrows....milk should do it!

Did I back you? You sunuva! This is not looking good for my journo stylings

• Advertisement

Fewcifur wrote: »

Ya you backed me, sorry dude. I think it was the pressure of being favourites. Not used to that tag this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Ya you backed me, sorry dude. I think it was the pressure of being favourites. Not used to that tag this season.

69% overall success rate in predictions frankie, not bad at all!

eoferrall wrote: »
    69% overall success rate in predictions frankie, not bad at all!

I got 83% last season when I did the massive 64 team review. Damn, I'm slipping. Though when I looked at the text, I did cover my ass a lot, like I said Breifne would have the win if they respected Kilsough (which they didn't) and I thought the only thing holding the Jacks back was their energy (and they just out-classed their opposition regardless.)

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭MarVeL

Thought your prediction for my match looked a bit iffy if he ltntd so I used one of my own just to help keep your stats up (staying in the cup was nice too)

MarVeL wrote: »
    Thought your prediction for my match looked a bit iffy if he ltntd so I used one of my own just to help keep your stats up (staying in the cup was nice too)

", I think Marvel is a decent enough leader to get the win out of this. It’s a dilemma, in one way 13′s pack is terribly put together, yet their number 1 is nearly 100k CSR. Have to go with my guts over the numbers here."

Well I was kinda assuming you'd bust out the TNT alright :)

• Advertisement

went to sell all youth related stuff (other than scout) and in facilities got distracted and went back and sold my lvl 4 training centre:( gutted. now wont have it back until end of december

wonder can jeremy fix it...:o

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

went to sell all youth related stuff (other than scout) and in facilities got distracted and went back and sold my lvl 4 training centre:( gutted. now wont have it back until end of december

wonder can jeremy fix it...:o

Ouch.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

That's hilarious tbf. I'll be laughing about that one all night.

I should send Jeremy an e-mail as well telling him you aren't to be trusted....

Orizio wrote: »
    That's hilarious tbf. I'll be laughing about that one all night.

I should send Jeremy an e-mail as well telling him you aren't to be trusted....

For once I enjoy Orizio being pure evil

YES! he reinstated my facilities AND refunded the 80k loss on selling them! I love BR! :)

I may or may not have being out on a work night out with a free bar - works going to be awesome in the morning...:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

"With the decision to remove interest from the game now final; all that's left to do it decide when. Once this is finalised, a public announcement will be made"

So, Interest is going. So thats a standard 10k a week, isn't it?

TheVoodoo wrote: »
    "With the decision to remove interest from the game now final; all that's left to do it decide when. Once this is finalised, a public announcement will be made"

More like -10k a week for me :P

Hail to our corrupt overlords and my vote to save my own skin!

Ditto. Voted for that option as it gave me a lot more than i was earning from FA.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

10k a week what?

sorry missed this whole debate...

If i understand it properly, Interest will be completely removed the way it currently is, and everyone, regardless of bank balance, will receive 10k per week.

• Advertisement

If i understand it properly, Interest will be completely removed the way it currently is, and everyone, regardless of bank balance, will receive 10k per week.

Really? Why? Why not just have nothing? And if your in the red are you gonna be -10k?

The options were : ( A won )

Option A
    Remove interest.
    Cannot manually spend any amount that would result in a balance less than $0.
    -$500k is the bankruptcy limit.
    $10k is added to your weekly revenue.

Option B
    Simplified Interest (20k)
    1% per week on savings. 5% per week on debt.
    Capped at 20k.

Option C
    Simplified Interest (50k)
    1% per week on savings. 5% per week on debt.
    Capped at 50k.

Option D
    Leave interest (mostly) the way it is.
    0.75% per week on savings. 2% per week on debt.
    Capped at $150k.
    Allowable overdraft of -$500k.
    Cannot manually spend any amount that would result in a balance less than -$500k.
    -$700k is the bankruptcy limit.

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

I might of missed it in the threads, but...

Just because option A got the most votes doesn't meant to say it will happen. It seems that their using to polls to help them come to a decision, and not basing their entire decision on the polls. Though I hope you're right as my decision to save money this year went out of the window when my balance hit -50k and I could spend again :( 2 Trainers to come in though :)

The decision to remove interest was made long before the polls went up...

Jeremy said today that they were going with the removal option as supposed to the others, i think they are just deciding on when to do it!

The only thing keeping me going is the -700k bankruptcy limit. If it was 500 I'd already be gone. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,806 ✭✭✭corny

Even if option D got 100% of the vote, interest was still on the way out. Pity. Makes all the saving to this stage pointless for me.

Think it'll come in start of next season if the new poll has any baring.

The only thing keeping me going is the -700k bankruptcy limit. If it was 500 I'd already be gone. :(

Don't start a business anytime soon...:D

Don't start a business anytime soon...:D

Ya gotta spend money to make money bro! :cool:

Ya gotta spend money to make money bro! :cool:

When you're in the red you can't spend money! if you are short of a few pennies I can take sniper off your hands:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,203 ✭✭✭crisco10

tried a little experiment with a new defense type today, didn't work. ah well, my league is a bit boring this term. 2 Bots, a team about to go bot, a weak enough promotee. Leaves the other 4 of us to battle it out but ultimately, its performance in the playoffs that will count for 90% of the season..means these regular season games are a bit worthless in the long run. Lets me make an error or two along the way!!

Edit: actually got TNTD, takes away some of the pain.

Advertisement