Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 10!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Gave Mar-z a bit of a drubbing there.

It happens old chap, you are one amongst many. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Managed a win today, first time since S9R's 8&9 that I have managed that feat. Got a tough opponent in Menage A Quinze next weekend.

Anyone have any ideas/tactics on how I can come away with 4 points and make it 3 wins on the bounce?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

satory wrote: »
    Managed a win today, first time since S9R's 8&9 that I have managed that feat. Got a tough opponent in Menage A Quinze next weekend.

Anyone have any ideas/tactics on how I can come away with 4 points and make it 3 wins on the bounce?

Look at his Logins, He only logs in twice a month, usually both the same day.

Last login was 18th Oct, so there should be no movement before mid/ early nov.

I'll have a look over previous stats etc and send you a mail. Just incase there's a lurker etc...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    When you're in the red you can't spend money! if you are short of a few pennies I can take sniper off your hands:D

You leave sniper alone you dastard! Besides, the real jewel in the crown is Atom Bomb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifur wrote: »
    You leave sniper alone you dastard! Besides, the real jewel in the crown is Atom Bomb

I can take both & leave them on the beach to waste away for you if you wish?:D

I can take both & leave them on the beach to waste away for you if you wish?:D

Why would you be so cruel Ferrall, why?

Why would you be so cruel Ferrall, why?

sorry:o ;)

in other news, beating Orizio in what I think is battle of second XV at wnwim, its close enough...

nah!

Scores 31-3 to me!:D

Congrats...

...so how is Division 3 treating you...?

• Advertisement

Orizio wrote: »
    Congrats...

...so how is Division 3 treating you...?

To be honest I didn't expect to win by so much, was surprised - but guess it was down to the stamina differences

tipping along nicely, apart from a opening match blip! playing your replacement on saturday so that will demonstrate how season will pan out.

do you think you will survive in div II?

It was probably down to the defence system I play for friendlies.
    tipping along nicely, apart from a opening match blip! playing your replacement on saturday so that will demonstrate how season will pan out.

I was taking the piss old chap, I didn't expect an answer. :P I see the fellow that got relagated is very strong though, looks I got out at the right time.

I think I may survive, I beat my two main competitors by 10-15 points over the last fortnight (both were at home). More encouringly the week before I lost by a point away to a team looking for a play-off space.

It was probably down to the defence system I play for friendlies.

I always start developing a new defence and then end up stopping & having to start again! must be more committed to it!

I was taking the piss old chap, I didn't expect an answer. :P I see the fellow that got relagated is very strong though, looks I got out at the right time.

I think I may survive, I beat my two main competitors by 10-15 points over the last fortnight (both were at home). More encouringly the week before I lost by a point away to a team looking for a play-off space.

I know you were, but decided to be nice to you for once! since you're not in my league anymore no need for animosity! :D

ah sure you're keeping head above water so, might see you there next season if I can get one over clontarf...and manage to fall into your league!

Cup match tonight, against a decent Div II side on the face of it. but his energy levels in his big players are woeful. I went with normal in the gamble the highest he would go for was normal but expecting him to WNWIM & hoping I had the tactics to beat him.

Stars are looking good for me before KO... Let's go!:D

Still a few Div III boardsies left - lets show what we are made of! WilE lets show em what Div III.14 is made of!

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

Cup match tonight, against a decent Div II side on the face of it. but his energy levels in his big players are woeful. I went with normal in the gamble the highest he would go for was normal but expecting him to WNWIM & hoping I had the tactics to beat him.

Stars are looking good for me before KO... Let's go!:D

Still a few Div III boardsies left - lets show what we are made of! WilE lets show em what Div III.14 is made of!

Its me your playing (Couch Potatoes) low energy levels all around as TNT'd the last 3 cup and 2 out of last 3 league games. I went with Normal as well as a defence that is less than impressive I expect you to beat me tonight. I need to start getting points in the league so no harm for me to go out of the cup. Enjoy the big pay day!

Scrummage wrote: »
    Its me your playing (Couch Potatoes) low energy levels all around as TNT'd the last 3 cup and 2 out of last 3 league games. I went with Normal as well as a defence that is less than impressive I expect you to beat me tonight. I need to start getting points in the league so no harm for me to go out of the cup. Enjoy the big pay day!

Well if I have to lose then to a boardie is acceptable. To be honest when I first looked at team last week I was about to give in, but in analyzing you and energy levels even it out a bit. The stars are fairly even, you ahead in some me ahead in some.

may the best man win:)

Playin' Johnnybegood tonight... stars were quite close with me just getting the edge on some. Few minutes into the match it seems I made a serious tactical error. I'll be lucky to survive.

Currently 3-3 , but he's constantly down at my try-line, the cheeky hoor!

Now it's 20-10. It was stupidly close for way too much. He keeps making mad line-breaks but thankfully my defense has been solid.
    27-10 with 5 mins to go. I think it's time to replace the beer of sorrow with the champagne of joy.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Scrummage

may the best man win:)

Nail biting stuff there definetly a good game tighter than the stats suggest. What a last 5mins or so!!!

Congrats on the win I hope the draw is kind to you.

Scrummage wrote: »
    Nail biting stuff there definetly a good game tighter than the stats suggest. What a last 5mins or so!!!

Rollercoaster final 10 alright, lead has changed hands every minute it seems - not good for you if you take this sort of thing seriously!!:D

Excellent match for the neutral browser eh?!

Frankie - do a write up of our game!;)

Edit: Cheers scrummage, was a great game for a wet wednesday evening. on another day it could have gone you way, I acutally thought you had won with the penalty considering I hadn't really threathened your line for most of the half. Good luck in your league!

Frankie - do a write up of our game!;)

Will do. I'm getting nervous Ferrall, it could be you and I head-to-head in round 8!

• Advertisement

Will do. I'm getting nervous Ferrall, it could be you and I head-to-head in round 8!

not many left in cup now, 1/15 chance of being us! Bogwarriors are still going strong also.

not many left in cup now, 1/15 chance of being us! Bogwarriors are still going strong also.

Ah they can feck off, Dave can beat me any day he turns his mind to it. You on the other hand have yet to feel my bite! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Bogwarriors v Curly Sue Death Squad
    and
    Everyone Likes A Tryer v Yermen

2 Boardsies will definitely qualify to the last 8 then. A great draw from that point of view, and well done to all for getting this far.

A lot of teams punching above their weight this week. The pressure of league competition really seems to help in the DivIII vs DivII contests.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdge...

Monivea vs Gerryhatrick
    Cream of the Crop vs Apoel Cormo..
    Bogwarriors vs Curly Sue Death Squad (my last post... oh my last post..)
    V.D. Ruff vs Mumu
    Everyone Likes a.. vs Yermen
    Deise Rfc vs Open Side
    Tralee Titans vs City of Derry
    Southern Mauraders vs Cork Southsiders

That's a very interesting draw.

Two Boards derbys (which means at least two boards teams are through to Round 9)
    At least 1 Div 1 face-off (or is there more? ...)

At a glance I'm thinking round 9 will be...

Monivea
    Cream of the Crop
    Bogwarriors
    V.D. Ruffians
    Everyone Likes a ...
    Open Side
    City of Derry (toughy)
    Cork Southsiders

and

2 Boardsies will definitely qualify to the last 8 then. A great draw from that point of view, and well done to all for getting this far.

A lot of teams punching above their weight this week. The pressure of league competition really seems to help in the DivIII vs DivII contests.

Kilsough South were less than a try away from Southern Mauraders. That would have been a div IV team in round 8... would have been impressive. I'm not counting Open Side as Div IV!

Ah they can feck off, Dave can beat me any day he turns his mind to it. You on the other hand have yet to feel my bite! :D

Bring it frankie, I remember competing with you in the region rankings... where are you in them? bow down to me now.

:D:D:D:D:D

and

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUdge...

Monivea vs Gerryhatrick
    Cream of the Crop vs Apoel Cormo..
    Bogwarriors vs Curly Sue Death Squad (my last post... oh my last post..)
    V.D. Ruff vs Mumu
    Everyone Likes a.. vs Yermen
    Deise Rfc vs Open Side
    Tralee Titans vs City of Derry
    Southern Mauraders vs Cork Southsiders

That's a very interesting draw.

Two Boards derbys (which means at least two boards teams are through to Round 9)
    At least 1 Div 1 face-off (or is there more? ...)

At a glance I'm thinking round 9 will be...

Monivea
    Cream of the Crop
    Bogwarriors
    V.D. Ruffians
    Everyone Likes a ...
    Open Side
    City of Derry (toughy)
    Cork Southsiders

Derby time, and frankie has just jinxed me the bitter F^&%!! haha! I'm looking like i'll be putting out 2nds this weekend to conserve energy for the cup... and its the league leaders!:o

sorry WileE!

Derby time, and frankie has just jinxed me the bitter F^&%!! haha! I'm looking like i'll be putting out 2nds this weekend to conserve energy for the cup... and its the league leaders!:o

Yeah, I'll be taking it easy this weekend too, my gents are knackered.

Ah I didn't jinx ya, but I've beaten Yermen a few times (I think) but never the blasted Bogwarriors. Just scoped out Dave's bloody team, haven't found the weak spot yet.

Yeah, I'll be taking it easy this weekend too, my gents are knackered.

Ah I didn't jinx ya, but I've beaten Yermen a few times (I think) but never the blasted Bogwarriors. Just scoped out Dave's bloody team, haven't found the weak spot yet.

Looked up historical fixtures, and played yerman a good bit back and won... so now to be not over confident!

still kinda surprised I am still in the cup!

• Advertisement

still kinda surprised I am still in the cup!

I know! Me too! I got as far as round 7 twice, but that was really a case of lucking out and getting Div IV teams in the draw. This time I've actually had comparable/better teams against me, so I'm delighted.

Advertisement