Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Season 10!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭eoferrall

Fewcifur wrote: »
    I know! Me too! I got as far as round 7 twice, but that was really a case of lucking out and getting Div IV teams in the draw. This time I've actually had comparable/better teams against me, so I'm delighted.

i've got as far as round 6 before...:D always got a big beefy div I team before, wonder has the dutchies leaving freed it up a bit for us little ones (or maybe we are just getting better!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,746 ✭✭✭✭FewFew

eoferrall wrote: »
    i've got as far as round 6 before...:D always got a big beefy div I team before, wonder has the dutchies leaving freed it up a bit for us little ones (or maybe we are just getting better!)

I dunno, there are still enough big teams out there to take us out. I reckon we've just been lucky with the draws this cup, plus plenty of teams seem to be pressing WNWIM to readily when they see they're against a lower league. Imagine the poor saps that got Open Side. Ouch!

More delays. thought they had sorted this from last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

eoferrall wrote: »
    More delays. thought they had sorted this from last time?

Cowboys Ted, they're all a bunch of cowboys!

im 7-0 up but two of my better players have gone off injured. this could take a turn for the worse in 2nd half

• Advertisement

I'm currently up 6-17 against the league leader using my full 2nd squad. Bit of a miracle win, I figure the snow is in my favour.

A try in injury time denied me my losing bonus point. Blast!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Up to fourth! :pac:

This Division Two lark is a piece of piss.

Orizio wrote: »

You're just doing this to spite me aren't you! I always knew you were a special sort of evil. :(

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,567 ✭✭✭daveharnett

Fair play, celtic rebels are a very decent side.

Pulled off an incredibly jammy last minute win today, my league is looking decidedly good this week.

It came at a price though, frankie's energy levels are miles above mine tonight. Wednesday is looking pretty dicey. The only positive right now is that regardless of energy, I can still put out a much taller second row.

Properly heavy front five you've put together there frankie.

• Advertisement

It came at a price though, frankie's energy levels are miles above mine tonight. Wednesday is looking pretty dicey. The only positive right now is that regardless of energy, I can still put out a much taller second row.

Properly heavy front five you've put together there frankie.

Jeez, mine are pretty low, yours must be shiiiiiiiite :pac:
    Yeah, I reckon it's going to come down to tactics and talents on the day. Normally I'm confident enough against bigger CSR sides because I've carefully selected my gents, but I know you're very particular with your squad too, so, I fear I'm just going to be outclassed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭TheVoodoo

Just lost my 'Amazing' Outhalf/Placekicker. Closest to him is only 'Impressive'. Ugh... Lost by two points yesterday, so atleast i picked up the bonus point!

Still, doesnt change the poor start to the season i've had...

• Registered Users Posts: 489 ✭✭satory

Well I couldnt quite make it 3 from 3 in the league yesterday, and I got punished by playing an expansive game (forgot to check the weather)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

4 teams now bot in my div 3 section..

*yawn*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭mar-z

My first win of the season 24-0 against Braybarians. The win helps me to keep a positive bank balance, my contentment has been taking a beating this season (as have my team:().

Congrats Orizio, you've a great chance in staying up now, keeping your playoff place will be tricky though.

mar-z wrote: »
    My first win of the season 24-0 against Braybarians. The win helps me to keep a positive bank balance, my contentment has been taking a beating this season (as have my team:().

Congrats Orizio, you've a great chance in staying up now, keeping your playoff place will be tricky though.

I'm completely at a loss as to how I've won three games and you've only won one. How many times have you LTNT'ed this season? IIRC your squad is considerably better then mine.

50-0 spanking from dreamer tonight. She doesn't play when it comes to the boards cup!

50-0 spanking from dreamer tonight. She doesn't play when it comes to the boards cup!

She was a bit rough with you alright!

Marsie you chancer, sure I used to beat Braybarians around the park at every possible occasion. Sometimes I wonder about you sir.

Marsie you chancer, sure I used to beat Braybarians around the park at every possible occasion. Sometimes I wonder about you sir.

Well it's nice to know I'm at the level of the mighty Div III stalwarts of the Death Squad then anyway :D

• Advertisement

I'm completely at a loss as to how I've won three games and you've only won one. How many times have you LTNT'ed this season? IIRC your squad is considerably better then mine.

No I'm the light-weight of the league for the second year running, I'd have said your team (or at least your firsts anyway) are stonger than mine, although I'll have to check.

I've been following my strategy from last year of frequent ltnt's. I think it was 4 in the league so far(Ormond. Celtic Rebels, Titans, Braybarians). Although one of those times (Celtic Rebels) was an accident and was done with a team tired from ltnt'ing Ormond the previous week.

Unfortunately the teams I beat last season who are still around(Ormond*2 and NDD) are wise to me this season and not taking as lightly as before, making upsets more difficult this season.

Well it's nice to know I'm at the level of the mighty Div III stalwarts of the Death Squad then anyway :D

I dunno Mars, you've only beaten Braybarians once, it could just be a fluke, the Death Squad slapped them about repeatedly...

... of course they had us pegged as an easy touch and weren't expecting the TNT in their faces. Repeatedly. His pride is his weakness.

No I'm the light-weight of the league for the second year running, I'd have said your team (or at least your firsts anyway) are stonger than mine, although I'll have to check.

I've been following my strategy from last year of frequent ltnt's. I think it was 4 in the league so far(Ormond. Celtic Rebels, Titans, Braybarians). Although one of those times (Celtic Rebels) was an accident and was done with a team tired from ltnt'ing Ormond the previous week.

Unfortunately the teams I beat last season who are still around(Ormond*2 and NDD) are wise to me this season and not taking as lightly as before, making upsets more difficult this season.

Is there any point in LTNT'ing 'Ormond' and 'Titan' though? Unless they play their reserves or something the chance of us beating them seems unlikely.

Anyway I've LTNT'ed four times in a row now and it worked fine, although going by what your saying only you LTNT'ed me back.

Is there any point in LTNT'ing 'Ormond' and 'Titan' though? Unless they play their reserves or something the chance of us beating them seems unlikely.

Anyway I've LTNT'ed four times in a row now and it worked fine, although going by what your saying only you LTNT'ed me back.

I didn't LTNT you. I was hoping you'd see my energy was bad before the match and think I would go normal, which is what I did.

Ormond I was hoping would be cocky enough to take it easy against me 3rd time running, but he learnt his lesson. Might be worth your while considering LTNT'ing them to see if they treat you like they did me last year.

Titan beat me so badly twice last year I gambled they would take their eye off the ball but it was a bit of a stupid move really, pointless as you say.

All in all not my season for tactical use of LTNT :rolleyes:

Previews are up for the cup games. I've got a slight 1/2 star advantage over frankie in a number of areas. Playing a slightly less forward-oriented game tonight, and I've moved my best backs to the wing, hoping to get the ball outside his best defenders. Could backfire badly if frankie is playing drift!

Bogwarriors V The Death Squad

Tryers V Yermen could be a fight too. Marvel has got a huge advantage at the ruck, the question is how many penalties will it cost. EOF will be hoping to take advantage of Yermen's criminally light scrum. With almost 50kg weight difference, I'd expect the tryers to turn over a third of yermen's put-ins.

Everyone Likes a Tryer V Yermen

I posted up my own home-brew previews on the magazine site.

DAMN IT DAVE! I was sitting there going "I should probably play drift... but then, maybe that's exactly what he EXPECTS me to play! AHA!"

I guess I over thought it. I hope you enjoy strolling through my gaping defense.

It could be a major clash of tactics though, I'm playing a more forward orientated game due to the rain, trying to keep it in tight... although stupidly I also went "ah rain, time to kick it to him and watch him fumble"... but now it's going to be "Ah, kick it to him and right into the hands of his best backs!" FACK

Previews are up for the cup games. I've got a slight 1/2 star advantage over frankie in a number of areas. Playing a slightly less forward-oriented game tonight, and I've moved my best backs to the wing, hoping to get the ball outside his best defenders. Could backfire badly if frankie is playing drift!

Bogwarriors V The Death Squad

Tryers V Yermen could be a fight too. Marvel has got a huge advantage at the ruck, the question is how many penalties will it cost. EOF will be hoping to take advantage of Yermen's criminally light scrum. With almost 50kg weight difference, I'd expect the tryers to turn over a third of yermen's put-ins.

Everyone Likes a Tryer V Yermen

His lineout is a half star ahead and I upped kicking to touch cos of rain etc..damn! but I also upped driving considerably so hopefully that will pay off. if win own ball then drive and spread happy days.
    I posted up my own home-brew previews on the magazine site.

DAMN IT DAVE! I was sitting there going "I should probably play drift... but then, maybe that's exactly what he EXPECTS me to play! AHA!"

I guess I over thought it. I hope you enjoy strolling through my gaping defense.

It could be a major clash of tactics though, I'm playing a more forward orientated game due to the rain, trying to keep it in tight... although stupidly I also went "ah rain, time to kick it to him and watch him fumble"... but now it's going to be "Ah, kick it to him and right into the hands of his best backs!" FACK

just reading your review now frankie. rain could decide a lot in these two matches - esp with yours and daves with such differing tactics.

Marvel what you go with?! :D

Well good luck to frankie and dave (can be be unsportsman and not wish it to MarVel?!;))

MarVel good luck & lets enjoy a good even game. going to have both matches ticked & flick back & forth.

7-0 up. And the death squad do an allblack-style two man spear on my best backrow :mad:

7-0 up. And the death squad do an allblack-style two man spear on my best backrow :mad:

saw that. bet nomu mystery Death squad (aptly named!!) won't be punished either.

My game is deathly unimteresting. lurches from set piece to set piece with continual knock ons. :(

• Advertisement

Dave is POUNDING me.

If I don't get at least a score I'm gonna sulk!

Advertisement