Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar lessons in UL

Options
  • 19-09-2010 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys,
    Anyone know of where you could get good 1-1 lessons in UL.
    Thanks
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭mayo_lad

Dr Nic wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Anyone know of where you could get good 1-1 lessons in UL.
    Thanks
    John

hi john the best spot to ask that question would be in the music soc they have loads of people who play the Guitar and i'm sure one of them would'nt mind giving you lessons http://www.skynet.ie/~ulmusic/ is a link to there website you could also check out the music room in the su beside the common room there's always some one in there

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danny_H

You haven't said what level of guitar you are already at (if any), whether you play (or wish to play) electric or acoustic, or what genre(s) of music you are into.
    For example there is a world of difference between a classically trained guitarist and a heavy metal shredder.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Dr Nic

Hi Danny,
    I would be slightly above a beginner, playing an acoustic guitar.
    There arent really any contact emails or numbers on that site?
    Thanks
    John

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Danny_H

You could simply google for guitar lessons in the Limerick area. There are some local music schools (which I assume are class based)
    Someone has already posted a thread looking for guitar lessons in the area
    Several have posted their details offering lessons.
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=62721
    Also I'm an intermediate guitarist, always up for a jam :)
    Get in contact with me via pm if/when you want :D

*Edit
    Do you want lessons as in music theory or someone to help you to learn more difficult songs?
    I know some people give up if lessons bore them with theory and scales, only wanting to be able to play their favourite songs.
    Theory is vital if you want to come up with your own stuff, otherwise you will probably do fine without it.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭The Lopper

That website isn't used at all really by the Music Society in UL any more, add the Music Society on Facebook www.facebook.com/ulmusicsoc or pop off an email to ulmusicsoc@gmail.com and you'll be sorted out for whatever level you are at!

• Advertisement
Advertisement