Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Treated Timber

• 19-09-2010 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

I'm looking to buy treated timber to build a swing and play house for my kids.

Would anyone know of a good suppiler of treated timber.

I priced it in wicks and was expensive.

I'm in the munster area.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 6,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭mp22

palfab in macroom, its a saw mill,its in lissarda which is a couple of miles on the cork side of macroom.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

i dont sorry but be sure to re treat the off cut ends as they will require it once cut

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

i dont sorry but be sure to re treat the off cut ends as they will require it once cut

Isn't pressure treated timber treated the whole way through, so shouldn't need to be treated once cut?

Not sure if they are in your ara, but brooks are good for prices. Failing that, buy the standard timber and a tin of cuprinol to treat it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

Isn't pressure treated timber treated the whole way through, so shouldn't need to be treated once cut?

Not sure if they are in your ara, but brooks are good for prices. Failing that, buy the standard timber and a tin of cuprinol to treat it

No its not pressurised all the way through. The only guarantee with pressureised timber is an even spread and it does not take into account bad operators or poor storage...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,167 ✭✭✭gsxr1

any builders yard will have it.
    you might get it 10% cheaper somewhere else but the difference is made up in diesel and time.

Chadwick's are on the expensive side. but in fairness to them, they have good quality timber . For some reason it warps and twists less . Same with their plywood.

By all means . open the yellow pages, but dont rule chadwicks out just yet.

• Advertisement
Advertisement