Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mobile Phone Signal Booster - Do They Work?

Options
  • 19-09-2010 1:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi, I'm about to move into an area that has very poor signal strength. You can get one bar, but most of the time none. There are one or two spots around the house where this improves, but i work from home and this wouldn't be good enough.

I'm also trying not to get eircom in, (so no broadband). I would be trying to get broadband by using the dongle with vodafone. I've checked on comreg and there are three masts nearby, Voda, O2 and meteror. Only the Voda has 3G. This particular house is in a dip, so no direct line to mast.

So my question is - Has anyone been in this situation and went down the route of buying something to improve the signal?

Any advice would be very welcome.

Thanks.

(p.s. Have been on to vodafone - they told me to go on to ebay and buy a booster. No name, no brand, they don't know how they work. Very vague.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,234 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Where's the house, that comreg site viewer isn't exactly correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭rosco p coltrane

morris castle, kilmuckridge, co. wexford.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭aFlabbyPanda

I was in a similar situation. I had a contract with o2 but no reception at home so I bought a gsm repeater from ebay but it did nothing. however I also got one for my office from o2 (they provided it for free) and it worked perfectly. they also gave me a quote for a similar setup for home but it was around 2500euro. In the end I ported my number to Vodafone.

Advertisement