Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SERP in google

Options
  • 19-09-2010 1:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭

Just dropped to number 3 for the term "wedding video cork"
    The person above at no 2 has a PR of 0. Can someone explain how this can happen. Did a bit of seo work on my site this morning.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 188 ✭✭pixeldesign

Well...google is changing its ranking daily, and PR doesnt matter in serps.As i can see competition for this keyword is very small..Just gain few backlinks, and you`ll be back again in few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭PaulPinnacle

texanman wrote: »
    Can someone explain how this can happen.
    There are various factors that determine SERPs (over 200), PR is just one of them. If the other site has better relevancy, onpage SEO, more relevant anchor text in backlinks, higher trust rank, etc. etc. it's easy for a lower PR page to outrank a higher PR page and not at all uncommon.

Also worth mentioning that the PR you see (commonly called TPR or toolbar PR) is a snapshot (i.e. it's out of date) and not the 'actual' PR used in the calculations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 387 ✭✭link8r

texanman wrote: »
    Just dropped to number 3 for the term "wedding video cork"
    The person above at no 2 has a PR of 0. Can someone explain how this can happen. Did a bit of seo work on my site this morning.

How do you know your seo has even been factored in?

Think of it this way: The process of crawling (find page), indexing (store page + determine relevance) and ranking (voting, checking links etc etc) are separate processes. they happen in different cycles. New sites might go up a the start or sites may go down because of CTR. The see-saw effect may not be something you're doing but a change in the wider index.

What you need to do is keep a consistent watch over it and learn the difference between hearsay (e.g. have lots of keywords) and realistic authority development.

Advertisement