Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Burning a recovery partition to a disc

• 19-09-2010 1:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭

Hey, is there a way to burn the recovery partition of my laptop to a disc or something so I can free up that hard drive space?

I've got a old iqon laptop running xp home, and I didn't get the OS disc with it when I got the laptop. So when I want to reinstall windows, I have to press R and go through some menus. Any ideas? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 953 ✭✭✭hearny

Not that I know of. Iqon drivers etc. can be very difficult to find too so it can be a nightmare if you remove the partition.

You could use ccleaner to try to free up space.

You could also replace the hard drive with a larger one using cloning software to transfer the whole drive onto the new one while expanding the partition the OS is installed on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

You could also use Acronis True Image Home to image your system to an external drive.

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 884 ✭✭✭spider guardian

this may be a bit technical but if you can save all the .SWM files in your recovery partition then you will be able to use imagex to deploy the recovery image onto your system partition. this isn't very user friendly though, you will need to have a Vista/7 OEM DVD. You will probably need to mark the system parition as active using diskpart and use fixboot to rebuild the boot sector.

Also, you may not be able to access the recovery partition from windows. in that case use a linux live cd.

Advertisement