Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What is my ... Eircom SIP URI?

• 19-09-2010 2:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all, I have been research the functions of the Eircom Broadband Talk and I have found that while the following uri's are reachable and routing to the currect account holder, they will not ring at the receiving end.

sip:076xxxxxxx@eircom.net
    <OR>
    sip:076xxxxxxx@sip.eircom.net

This is a real pain, because calling the '076' (Non-Geo number) will cost you if your calling from any voip or analog line provider outside of the eircom broadband talk voip network. In order to avoid the call charges, I was hoping to use the unpublished Eircom SIP URIs for my account, but both of these (see above) do not ring on inbound calls.

I have tested at both the Motorola / Netopia Router pots (two pots) and using my fav sip softphone. Calls to any of the two sip uri above DO! appear in the 'Missed Calls' registered of the eircom broadband account, but neither a softphone or a analog on an active pot will ring for inbound calls.

I am just hoping that someone have a suggestion or some insight which may assist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 tasc

Dispite all the suggestions of dumping Eircom Broadband Talk (the Eircom VoIP service), I am still looking for vision on the format / configuration / construct of what a sip uri looks like for an eircom broadband talk customer.

I dont have any choices here really, so I am still hoping someone can give me some insight.

I have no problem registering with the sip server @ sip.eircom.net, so I naturally assume the sip uri should looks something like:
    sip:YourSipAssignedCode@sip.eircom.net

But this assumption is wrong and I left still search for the correct sip uri.

... anyone with any successful eircom experiance of this, please help us out!

Believe it or not, I am still trying to get this resolved. Rang BBTalk Support and they tell me that my SIP URI is:

[18 Digit Code]@eircom.net

What is very odd about this, is that they cants get this to work ... I wonder what hope I have ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Can you phone another SIP account from your Eircom SIP account, and see what URI is being reported as the caller?

Could that URI then be used to call back?

This type of URI is not necessarily valid ... sip:076xxxxxxx@eircom.net .... as it seems you have found out from BBTalk ..... for instance Blueface issue 076 numbers for accounts but the equivalent SIP URI is
    sip: 123456@blueface.ie

I haven't used Eircom SIP .... but vaguely recall that they limited the functions available to users, which put me off it at the time.

I hope you can sort it out .....

Hi JohnBoy1951, thanks for the tip ... I tried this however the only caller id is shown as the 18 digit code and nothing else.

It was eircom who gave me what they called the correct uri, but when they tested it, it would not work ... still waiting for eircom to call back on this one.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

tasc wrote: »
    Hi JohnBoy1951, thanks for the tip ... I tried this however the only caller id is shown as the 18 digit code and nothing else.

It was eircom who gave me what they called the correct uri, but when they tested it, it would not work ... still waiting for eircom to call back on this one.

Hi,

I was on to Eircom regarding broadband talk sip accounts and they said they no longer provided the service, although its a ripoff compared to other voip providers its good as a backup.

How did ye subscribe to it?

• Advertisement
Advertisement