Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chelsea V Blackpool - (SS1 KO 4.00pm)

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,692 ✭✭✭✭OPENROAD

Brilliant from the Blackpool fans "You're not as good as Arsenal" :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

eZe^ wrote: »
    Chelsea are becoming an absolute joy to watch.

Against the West hams, Stokes, Blackpools, Wigans and West Broms . . ;)

In all sincerity, it will be interesting if they play the same attacking footie against City Next week. Teams of Ancelloti are not renowned for their attacking flair ! !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

Drumpot wrote: »

In all sincerity, it will be interesting if they play the same attacking footie against City Next week. Teams of Ancelloti are not renowned for their attacking flair ! !

Agreed. When they score a 100 goals I'll be impressed. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

So they didn't play attacking football last season. Smashing goal scoring records, beating the top 4 home and away?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

Been far more impressive than any other team in England so far this season.

Chelsea :mad::mad::mad: needed at least 6-0 for my bet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

How did it finish?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

4 0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

THFC wrote: »
    How did it finish?

Chelsea scraped it 4-0.

• Advertisement

OPENROAD wrote: »
    Chelsea :mad::mad::mad: needed at least 6-0 for my bet

Harsh

Could have been 8 on another day but Chelsea took their foot off and Gilks made a few good saves.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

bw wrote: »
    Great, and your full-time prediction?

4-0. ;)

Lukker- wrote: »
    Harsh

Could have been 8 on another day but Chelsea took their foot off and Gilks made a few good saves.

Thought I was looking good at half time, still can't complain, have had a very good week betting wise

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭SimpleLogic

I had a bet on Chelsea to score in both halves :(

IvySlayer wrote: »
    Agreed. When they score a 100 goals I'll be impressed. :mad:

AC Milan beat Barcelona 4-0 in a champions league final and were a hugely defence minded team at the time. Amount of goals scored does not necessarily imply that you have attacking flair.;)

I honestly cant say how good this chelsea team are . . Being able to thump Sh*t teams is brilliant (wish United could!), but in all fairness in terms of injuries and fixtures at the start of the season, it couldnt of gone better for chelsea to ease them into the front. Not moaning, just making an objective observation.

The perception of chelsea is multiplied all the more by the poor performances/results of United who in all fairness have a decent amount of injuries, a major concern over their best players mentality and are traditionally seen to be slow starters . .

That said, United's defence has been more open then a legless hooker after giving birth to quintuplets ! ! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

Seriously, how good is Florent Malouda for Chelsea?

For the past two seasons or so he's been ripping teams to shreds fairly consistently. He scores proverbial hatfuls of goals too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31,951 ✭✭✭✭Mars Bar

RichTea wrote: »
    Seriously, how good is Florent Malouda for Chelsea?

For the past two seasons or so he's been ripping teams to shreds fairly consistently. He scores proverbial hatfuls of goals too.

Yeah he has been impressive! But where was he hiding all that time before? I didn't realise he was 30. I thought he was only 25/26!

EDIT: Some Wikipedia searching done. No need to answer my question!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭Essien

AC Milan beat Barcelona 4-0 in a champions league final and were a hugely defence minded team at the time. Amount of goals scored does not necessarily imply that you have attacking flair.;)

The way Chelsea are playing these days they always have 5, 6 or even 7 players on the pitch capable of scoring from open play at any given time in a game, if thats not attacking flair then I dont know what is.

Edit: ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

mars bar wrote: »
    Yeah he has been impressive! But where was he hiding all that time before? I didn't realise he was 30. I thought he was only 25/26!

Umm, he was player of the year in France before he left for Chelsea.

As a Lyon fan, he was actually one of our real biggest losses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,763 ✭✭✭✭Crann na Beatha

This post has been deleted.

Malouda came to Chelsea in 07 and he was largely average in his first season. He was a regular in the first team with various managers keeping faith in him but most Chelsea fans couldn't see why he was still in the team. Hiddink arrived and started to get the best out of him utilizing his pace far more than Mourinho or Scolari did. He has been an absolute revalation under Ancelotti and is really playing some amazing football. He seems to have a telepathic link with A.Cole and their partnership on the left must be one of the most terrifying in world football.

• Advertisement

Essien wrote: »
    The way Chelsea are playing these days they always have 5, 6 or even 7 players on the pitch capable of scoring from open play at any given time in a game, if thats not attacking flair then I dont know what is.

Edit: ;)

Flair is not the ability to score goals, its actually the ability to do something out of nothing . . Messi has flair, Ronaldo has flair . .

I think you are confusing flair with the efficiency chelsea have been showing?

Flair is not the ability to score goals, its actually the ability to do something out of nothing . . Messi has flair, Ronaldo has flair . .

You seem to think attacking football means flair?

Mourinho was efficient.

Ancelotti is ruthless.

When your full backs spend the majority of games well past the half way line and this isn't considered attacking football then I don't know what is.

Did you actually watch the game either. If you did you might have noticed some of the outragous bits of "flair" that Drogba pulled off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭CR 7

Lukker- wrote: »
    You seem to think attacking football means flair?

Mourinho was efficient.

Ancelotti is ruthless.

When your full backs spend the majority of games well past the half way line and this isn't considered attacking football then I don't know what is.

Did you actually watch the game either. If you did you might have noticed some of the outragous bits of "flair" that Drogba pulled off.

United v Rangers, full backs mostly in the opposition half. Does that mean the team had flair?

Just because Drogba can showboat doesn't mean the team has flair. And before you ask again, yes I did watch all the game. Was the second half flair-ful enough for you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

Could easily describe Drogba that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,235 ✭✭✭✭flahavaj

ric_flair_02.jpg

This is the only Flair that really matter lads.:)

Advertisement