Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where is this? all help gratefully appreciated.

Options
  • 19-09-2010 2:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭

Can anyone identify where this photo was taken?

i think Dublin city centre. Last night Saturday 18th Sept.

looks like a coffee machine on counter. a large window maybe, behind singer. shelves with possibly bags of coffee. georgian window across narrow st is what it looks like.

we've aleady visited thomas reads, cafe di napoli, bald barista, baggot st area, sth anne st, globe, sin e, shebeen chic, old stand and walked temple bar but nothing matches up.

All help greatly appreciated. i can't explain why but it's very important

person in photo isn't why i'm doing this.

Thank you in advance

n8dublinj

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

um. No clue.

Extremely bad quality photo. Plus tbh the fact that you have not said why you want to locate this place (in fact said you can't) makes me reluctant to help.

Sorry!

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭MemEmee

Thanks for reply. and sorry that you are suspicious. i assure you that i am genuine and it involves a serious matter. i can't be any more specific.

if anyone recognises the room or location i would be very grateful.

i unfortunatley can't give any more details, and anyway divulging it wouldn't make it any easier to identify the room, which is my objective, but rather hinder the person i am trying to help.

all i'm asking for is help in finding the location. Thanks again.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

incredibly bad photo, but possibly it's upstairs in farringtons in temple bar.

thank you. will go and check it out.

MemEmee wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. and sorry that you are suspicious. i assure you that i am genuine and it involves a serious matter. i can't be any more specific.

if anyone recognises the room or location i would be very grateful.

i unfortunatley can't give any more details, and anyway divulging it wouldn't make it any easier to identify the room, which is my objective, but rather hinder the person i am trying to help.

all i'm asking for is help in finding the location. Thanks again.

Hmmm.

It could be any street in Temple Bar really??? Maybe take a traipse over all of Temple Bar.

Is it Fitzsimons in TB by any chance????

It could also be Dames St??? Near the corner of George's St?

• Advertisement

have walked all of temple bar. nothing matches. no large windowed bar/cafe opposite georgian windows option.

Thanks for suggestion though. might cover some of it again to be sure.

PM sent to you. Maybe ask the mods to move this to AH - it will get more viewings there.

Or you could post it in AH and state in it to the Mods that please can they leave it there (to pm you for more details)

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭Twenty10

Might be worthwhile posting photo in tea & coffee forum - those guys get around to all the coffee shops looking for the best cup available?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=929

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭loike

amdublin wrote: »
    Hmmm.

It could be any street in Temple Bar really??? Maybe take a traipse over all of Temple Bar.

Is it Fitzsimons in TB by any chance????

It could also be Dames St??? Near the corner of George's St?

i though that as well! looked like the dome for the theater in the background sort-of

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Is it any of the cafes opposite the Cecelia/Celia House entrance of Urban Outfitters, ie not the entrance that looks onto Temple Bar Sq.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

It might be the Palace Bar upstairs on Fleet st. Actually its very similar to the setup in the photo. I suggest you go along there to confirm for yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

On 2nd thoughts, the background with the building visible might indicate its somewhere off Sth Georges st or Wicklow st, its upstairs, can't think of its name, its usually packed on a Sat. night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

That's an extremely bad picture but that looks like a Dunne's Stores in the background, possibly South Great George's Street?

• Subscribers Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

That's an extremely bad picture but that looks like a Dunne's Stores in the background, possibly South Great George's Street?

I think you could be right. I'm changing my vote to either the globe or cafe bar deli. (although bar deli is closed now isn't it?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

my money is on upper camden street, near the bleeding horse...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Gyalist

The building in the background looks like either the George's Street view of the Central Hotel or the Market Arcade building. So my vote is for the east side of Sth Great George's Street.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,216 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Would it not be easier limit it to places you know sell coffee and have live music?

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭derra_121

spurious wrote: »
    Would it not be easier limit it to places you know sell coffee and have live music?

I agree it defo doesn't look like a pub but the photo is so so bad but if I was to guess maybe somewhere across from powerscourt center

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Seosaimh77

I thought it was Bewleys on Grafton Street. But maybe that's jsut because of the coffee

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

Nearly sure thats Thunder Road cafe in the background..i reckon its the temple bar hotel or buskers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement