Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway kennels

Options
  • 19-09-2010 3:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭

hey guys just wondering can anyone recommend kennels in Galway City to leave our dog for 5or7 days while we're away on holidays please?

Also a rough price guide would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

Does it have to be in the city?
    There's a lovely lady 30 mins from the city, kennels look great and she is dog mad, really loves them.
    Here's her site http://www.wagalotkennels.com/index.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 494 ✭✭trio

There's absolutely tons of threads already on this if you do a search. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

mymo wrote: »
    Does it have to be in the city?
    There's a lovely lady 30 mins from the city, kennels look great and she is dog mad, really loves them.
    Here's her site http://www.wagalotkennels.com/index.html

thanks mymo, it's nice to have a recommendation as opposed to just a list that I can google myself!

The site looks good anyway, nice to see GREEN (not all concrete!) play areas, any idea how much?
    I've emailed a few kennels and €10per night seems average, although the deciding factor will be place with best facilities and staff.

Cheers for the reply;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,553 ✭✭✭mymo

No idea how much she charges, sorry. Haven't used them but know the lady and how much she loves her dogs.
    Give her a call.
    I live in the south east and kennel fees vary from €10 - €18 per night for med size dog, I have 2 and pay €28 for them, which is high but the place I use is fantastic(large heated pens, nice bedding and green areas to play, even has paddling pool for summer) and the dogs are happy.
    I did visit 6 kennels before choosing the one I liked, 2 of them were absolutely awful, another was clean but dark and the dogs were howling. It really is important to see where they will be.

As a regular customer I also get a discount at the place I use, longer they stay more of a discount so mostly I pay less than the €28.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 drongal

There is http://thedogcompany.ie/ It's between Galway and Moycullen. I never had a chance to use them, but they are grooming my dog.
    And place looks very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 Thedogspyjamas

magentas wrote: »
    hey guys just wondering can anyone recommend kennels in Galway City to leave our dog for 5or7 days while we're away on holidays please?

Also a rough price guide would be very much appreciated.

Thanks in advance:)

I am in Annaghdown and board small to medium doggies here at my home. I cost 20 euro per 24 hr. Let me know if I could be of help, I would be happy to oblige if your dog isn't a big boy of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

I am in Annaghdown and board small to medium doggies here at my home. I cost 20 euro per 24 hr. Let me know if I could be of help, I would be happy to oblige if your dog isn't a big boy of course.
    You would be happy to oblige me at €20 per night once it's not a big dog?!:confused:

back from hols now and very happy with people that looked after him thanks

not to sound rude but you're not obliging someone by charging double what other local places charge and the fact that you rule out big dogs really isn't enticing to me

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Thedogspyjamas

magentas wrote: »
    You would be happy to oblige me at €20 per night once it's not a big dog?!:confused:

back from hols now and very happy with people that looked after him thanks

not to sound rude but you're not obliging someone by charging double what other local places charge and the fact that you rule out big dogs really isn't enticing to me

I am not a kennel, kennels are less expensive. i board these dogs in my own home, on my lap with lots of love and warmth and are never put in any type of cage or cold unloving area. Many homeboarders cannot take large energetic dogs for safety reasons for the dog being able to jump the wall of our garden and getting hit by a car.

Advertisement