Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gutter cleaning in Lucan

• 19-09-2010 5:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,598 ✭✭✭

May sound like an unusual topic but can anyone recommend someone to clear out roof gutters in Lucan? Unfortunately I don't have access to a ladder, and tbh wouldn't feel overly confident up at roof height.

With the rain starting back full tempo I can see the water gushing down from one side of the house, I'm guessing that the gutter is full of junk and am worried that the added weight will pull the whole thing down.

I don't want to hire some randomer who knocks at the door, goes up to clean the gutters and then suddenly half the tiles mysteriously come off the roof (happened to my ex girlfriend's grandparents).

Thanks in advance
    Al

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hiawog

Al,

I can't point you in the right direction but I hope to clean the guttering and paint the house this week. I've hired the ladder from Leixlip hire for a week from tomorrow and, like you, I'm a little worried about the height. I'm on the web trying to discover how to remove the guttering completely so as to bring it to ground level and pressure clean it. This will help me paint the fascias and soffits as well. If, when I discover the knack of removal and replacement, you're interested to learn how for yourself then I'm just a minute or two from Penny Hill.

Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭Black Sky

May sound like an unusual topic but can anyone recommend someone to clear out roof gutters in Lucan? Unfortunately I don't have access to a ladder, and tbh wouldn't feel overly confident up at roof height.

Al

Hi Al,
    I think Lucan Window Cleaning will do it. Alternatively I can recommed a "handyman" I use for general tasks if you PM me. Cleaned and washed my housegutters earlier in the year...

I don't fancy 2 stories on a ladder myself....

Jerry

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Hiawog

Scare-dee-cats!!

I've been up and down the ladder all day to chimney height both sanding and painting the woodwork.

I'm feeling sick, especially as the ladder needed to be almost vertical. As I climbed the top kept bouncing off the wall. Also, there is no consolation in me saying that you get used to it after two or three hours. Find someone else to do it - there is no way to describe any part of this as pleasant.

There is some advice though. Be careful with handymen etc. I hate myself for saying this but those unlicensed or untrained or uninsured will deliver any serious problem to your doorstep. The guys at the hire shop told me how a guy who had borrowed a ladder and injured himself then sued the guy he borrowed it from. Our bonkers world.

Mark

Advertisement