Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbridge to Bray.

Options
  • 19-09-2010 5:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭

Need to get my son from Newbridge to Bray on Friday evenings and haven't a clue about buses/trains in the Newbridge area. I've had a look through the Bus Eireann website but it's a bit confusing and doesn't say where in Newbridge buses leave from. I also need to get my son back to newbridge from Bray on sunday so need a train/bus that operates on weekends.
    Any help will be much appreciated...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

There is nothing direct. The best bet is to get the bus from Newbridge to Busarus and have him walk to Connolly Station to get the DART to/from Bray. The 126 timetable on Bus Eireann website should spell out the appropriate stops.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Adelante

Agreed with BuffyBot there's no direct route, it will have to be bus /or train you can get the Bus Eireann service on main street just down from the Bank of Ireland (up from Swifts)
    The Train maybe a bit more costly then the bus but if you get a ticket the city centre he can get the luas to Connolly Station and then the dart to Bray, Im afraid I cant think of a shorter route hope this helps. Check BusEireann/CIE website for times etc good luck.

Ps I might be worth your while checking what the last trains/ buses are to Newbridge on a Sunday are, as far as I recall I think they are earlier on Sundays...

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭milosh

Make sure you give it plenty of time. The Dart takes 45 minutes from Connolly to Bray.

If you can get him a lift, Bray is only 40-50 minutes from Newbridge. its motorway the whole way except for Newlands Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭Splendour

Thaks guys, appreciate the help. I have been driving him myself but due to change in my schedule I can't anymore. Also on friday evening it takes far longer than 50 mins over and back! Bus and DART dfo sound like the best idea. Thanks again :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

Splendour wrote: »
    Thaks guys, appreciate the help. I have been driving him myself but due to change in my schedule I can't anymore. Also on friday evening it takes far longer than 50 mins over and back! Bus and DART dfo sound like the best idea. Thanks again :)

Alternatively train to Heuston Station and 145 bus direct from there to Bray.

Train timetable is at:
    http://www.irishrail.ie/your_journey/printed_timetable_pdfs/2010/Dublin%20Portlaoise%2010.pdf

145 timetable is at:
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/145--/

Alternatively the Bus Eireann 126 timetable is at:
    http://www.buseireann.ie/pdf/1274694471-126.pdf

• Advertisement
Advertisement