Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going Gog Gone

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Bought PST today and installed widescreen/high res mods.

framerate seems off to me even for such an old game. Anyone else experience this?

Tried the Fallout 1 one last night. It was a slide show in 1600 x 1200 and slow in 1024 x 768. Hmm.... Might try setting the CPU affinity to 1 CPU.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

What? I got it (Fallout 1) to run in full speed on a 4 year old laptop at 1280X800.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,441 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What? I got it (Fallout 1) to run in full speed on a 4 year old laptop at 1280X800.

Yeah something must be up because my desktop can run Stalker on pretty much full settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭VenomIreland

Try running it in DirectX9, use the latest version of Sfall and then read through the ini to find the directx9 option.

Sorted it out, the ddraw.dll file needed to be deleted. Had some other trouble with the screen not scrolling all the way in anything that wasn't 1600 x 1200 (this resolution was just too much) but editing the ini file fixed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Sorted it out, the ddraw.dll file needed to be deleted. Had some other trouble with the screen not scrolling all the way in anything that wasn't 1600 x 1200 (this resolution was just too much) but editing the ini file fixed it.

I've never even played the 1st one, just fallout 2.

Is it any good?

First game is good but the second game is way better.

Icewind Dale Complete which is Icewind Dale and the two expansions is up on GoG now for a tenner. They really are relaunching with some stupidly good games. Just annoyed I missed the Arcanum for 2.99 sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So where are you in PS:T now Retro? :)

Well honestly, I'm only going to buy it tonight! I kind of don't have time for it and want to start Fallout 1 first anyway. WRPGs you really need to sit down to them and play them for hours at a timeand at the moment I've only 1 or 2 hours free at night.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,324 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Icewind Dale! My favourite of the lot of them. Think it was the first game I played on my £1000 Pentium 3 450mhz beast of a machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

I've got IWD and IWD2 on hold. Going travelling soon and I intend to keep these as netbook fodder.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 3,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dr Bob

I got a mail from them today , apparently anyone who had an account prior to the "shutdown" gets a copy of one of the jagged alliance games free(Deadly games).Havent had a chance to log in to see if its there yet though .Nice move on their part , although its not really much of a present I guess...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,325 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I got a mail from them today , apparently anyone who had an account prior to the "shutdown" gets a copy of one of the jagged alliance games free(Deadly games).Havent had a chance to log in to see if its there yet though .Nice move on their part , although its not really much of a present I guess...

They're not up yet.

Nice was going to pick up one of the jagged alliance games since I heard they were good and played a bit like valkyria chronicles.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Nice was going to pick up one of the jagged alliance games since I heard they were good and played a bit like valkyria chronicles.
    You've never played Jagged Alliance? Think you may have to step down as Games mod!!!!

Try JA2, it's the better one. Sadly it doesn't have some of the characters from the previous game, such as 'Unusually Ruthless' Ruben. He's called Ruthless because he killed his family with a rechargable hedge trimmer. He's unusually ruthless because he stopped to recharge halfway through.

It takes me back to the days when games designers had a sense of humour.

Advertisement