Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Games forum re-merge

Options
1131415161719»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's just this thread. I think it's working out well so far. Just move this thread elsewhere and review the entire thing in about 2-3 months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Just move this thread elsewhere and review the entire thing in about 2-3 months.

Rename it the "mod circle-jerk thread".

Don't You see, most of those against they way things have changed are not participating anymore, I've been chatting to a few on Steam in the last few days. The Playstation and Xbox communities have been obliterated also, My brother (console gamer) just stopped using the forums here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

It's been about 2 weeks, it needs a longer time period to see how it's going to work out.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

PogMoThoin wrote: »
    Rename it the "mod circle-jerk thread".

classy.
    I know many who just aren't bothered to participate here anymore, I've practically bowed out too (hoping things change).

Not what I've seen. Game-related discussion is better than ever.
    This merger is a mess, too much flaming, trolling and fanboyism. Can we go back the way it was, ok the threads were a little scattered, but every platform had its place, it avoided the My pc is better than Your console arguments thats ringing through every single discussion. I'm hating what this place has become, this isn't discussion.

exaggerate much?

Tallon wrote: »
    This has to be a joke, there is no way you can be serious?
    What, to you, constitutes a community?

I read this back again. I think it came out wrong. When I mean "no community", I was referring to the Tactical Shooter forum not the entire games section. There is plenty of thriving communities here, under the Games category. They shouldn't be touched. Sorry if that didn't come across correctly!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Sisko

This thread is full of it:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056072662

Game threads are fine, its just the general discussion ones that go like this. I know many who just aren't bothered to participate here anymore, I've practically bowed out too (hoping things change)

In fairness those threads are an common as muck and you yourself have gotten into many such discussions. That thread has nothing to do with the forum change, you think it would have been made in the PS3 section or the 360 section? I would have always been posted in the games section.

Those threads have always been around and always will be so long as some gamers refuse to accept the facts that the PC is the best gaming platform from a technical perspective :pac:

• Advertisement
Advertisement