Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What were your baby 'must-haves' for the first year?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Agree with the vests and baby grows, I have nothing else for the first 6 months and It's working out fine.

oh god no! I hated putting my baby in baby grows the few she had she grew out of at 6 weeks then the 3 to 6 months she'd grown out of them before she was 3 months. Love her in little outfits and dresses and tights or little tracksuits. I think babygrows and pj's (what she wears instead) are only for night time.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,937 ✭✭✭implausible

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    Agree with the vests and baby grows, I have nothing else for the first 6 months and It's working out fine.
    bulmersgal wrote: »
    oh god no! I hated putting my baby in baby grows <snip>I think babygrows and pj's (what she wears instead) are only for night time.

It depends. My wee buck was in nothing but vests and babygros for the first few weeks and I'd intended keeping it that way, but we got tonnes of clothes as presents and it was a waste not to put them on him. He now lives in dungarees and long-sleeved tops and wears the babygros and vests at night.

I had to laugh at the geniuses in my family who bought shorts and really summery stuff in 6-9 month size which will fit him in the middle of winter!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭janmc

deemark wrote: »

I had to laugh at the geniuses in my family who bought shorts and really summery stuff in 6-9 month size which will fit him in the middle of winter!
    We've quite a few summery dresses that will fit around January alright, but the worst thing is I'm now sure I did the exact same thing when I bought presents for friends in the past! :o :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭ani_mal

I found very helpful little book for 2months old by tiny love http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tiny-Love-Double-Sided-First/dp/B0012V3D7I/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287941831&sr=8-1
    it made my little one occupied for hourse for 2 months and then we turned to the colourful side and he like it too,
    also a mobile for cot came handy.
    I'm breastfeeding but sometimes I had to put him in a bottle for emergency days and I bought bottle from breastflow. the best of all.

Advertisement