Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Rent Allowance

• 19-09-2010 7:43pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31

Hi can anyone help me??? My husband and I seperated in June. He moved out of our house and is just getting round to applying for Rent Allowance as he's not been well. He has been told that because our home is an asset he will not be entitled to rent allowance!!!

He is on Job Seekers Allowance and is currently left with very little money at the end of every week to feed himself.

I am presuming I have the right to stay in our home with the children????:confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 fish6483

assuming the house is in both ur names it will count against ur means test to figure out how much he would be entitled to. best thing for him to do is go down to the community welfare agency and plead his case. he should also look in to threshold.com and st vincent de pauls as well as often they will provide resources for housing. also might be woth checking if he could get on a disbility payment as u metioned he wasnt well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 fish6483

fish6483 wrote: »
    assuming the house is in both ur names it will count against ur means test to figure out how much he would be entitled to. best thing for him to do is go down to the community welfare agency and plead his case. he should also look in to threshold.com and st vincent de pauls as well as often they will provide resources for housing. also might be woth checking if he could get on a disbility payment as u metioned he wasnt well.
    and yes of course u have the right to stay in ur house unless he trys to evict you and the children which is very unlikely

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 31 Timmythedonkey

Thanks for that - He say's he's already spoken to a Community Welfare Officer and they told him that he would not be entitled to Rent Allowance as this is his house too and that he has somewhere to live (i.e. HERE!!!) I have also told him to apply for Diability allowance as he is not well enough for work.

Advertisement