Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying A Hitachi Ex60 Need Advice Please

• 19-09-2010 8:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭

Hi, Im On The Lookout For An Ex60 And Am To Look At A 1996 Ex60-Dash 3 Tomorrow.. Its Suppose To Be Tight 80% Undercarriage And Has The Wide Steel Tracks, 2 Buckets, Semi Quick Hitch, Air Conditioning, All Glass In Cab And 4200 Hours On Clock But No Blade..
    Cosmetic Condition About 75% Never Painted..
    Anyone Any Advice On What To Look Out For On These Dash 3 Machines, Someone Mentioned They Give Less Trouble Than The Previous Dash 2 Machines,,,
    Think These All Come With The Nissan Engine Which Is Very Good…

Any Advice/information Appreciated -Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭dunsandin

Biggest problem with the -3 60's(and all 90's 60's is the little poxy fuel filter directly after the tank blocking up with crud and causing the engine to have the power of a mouse. Its an easyish fix, after that, they are a rock of a machine, just ensure its not worn to death(especially the grooves that the idlers run/adjust in) and check for leaks, squeaks and roars. The electrics in the cab can be a bit caffish, so check that they all do what they did when they were kids, and have a glance through the filler holes to see what state the oil has been in (black crud gives away the lack of past servicing). Good machine though. Oh yeah, check that the boom bushes and pins are not loose, cos if nobodys greased her in a while,(and loads of fresh grease is worse than a big build up of old, hard, black grease) driving it can be a bit like working a puppet on a string.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,396 ✭✭✭kincaid

ok thanks - whats this 96 ex60-3 worth roughly in todays market going on what i have stated above

8.5k to 12.5k depending on condition would be a ballpark. 8.5 being what I'd like(aim) to pay and 12.5 being what he'd ask me for. Ish.

ok thanks dunsandin, tight enough but paintwork/body 70/75% ..he is looking 12k for it... he wont budge at all on price..
    by the way its the Japanese ex60 landy model which he says is worth more

Paint/tinwork dosn't matter- dont buy shiny paint, better to have an honest, un-molested machine. A lot of lads say the landy "version" is better, but unless im wrong, its just a sticker. Money sounds about right though. I'm just a mean sod!!

• Advertisement

THANKS MATE BUT DIDNT BUY.. IM A BIT LIKE YOU IL LIKE IT CHEAPER AT AROUND THE 9-10K (MONEY ABIT TIGHT AT MINUTE)... SO IM STILL ON THE LOOKOUT FOR ONE SO IF YOU HEAR OF ANY GOOD DIGGERS - 6-12 TON AT A KEEN PRICE LET ME KNOW

THANKS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭kay 9

I have the Ex60-5 landy and the only difference I can see in the landys is that they have shorter dippers.

how much shorter is it, would you be at a slight disadvantage digging???
    What do you think of them ? is yours 1999/2000

Mine is 00/01, It will be better if your doing harder digging which I do sometimes. You will lack a bit of reach but not that much. I can't complain with mine, lovely digger to work and never gave any trouble. Only thing you might have to do is take out a track pad and chain link to shorten the piston length to prevent the tracks from coming off more frequently. Not a problem though. You won't go wrong with an ex60-1 or -5, best of them. Only thing about the -1 is the operating handles are badly postioned.;)
    Ps. try and get one with a blade, very handy tool to have. Not a dozer but handy scraper or for topsoil and such. I take mine off when working in softer ground such as bog because if you go down with that on your in trouble.

that must be a nice machine you have kay 9
    anyway was told that the landy japanese machine never had blades on them and this one has not either but are they expensive to buy and fit..

also this one has only semi q/h - would prefer the hydraulic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭Slidey

Unless the slew valve has the necessary ports in it for the blade it would be very expensive

im guessing then that these machines would not have the necessary ports

kincaid wrote: »
    that must be a nice machine you have kay 9
    anyway was told that the landy japanese machine never had blades on them and this one has not either but are they expensive to buy and fit..

also this one has only semi q/h - would prefer the hydraulic
    Mine has the undercarriage for the blade and was a direct Jap import;) They are a lovely machine. If ya can get a decent one jump at it.
    One other thing to take into consideration when purchasing, don't buy depending on hours, as 99% of them are clocked anyway. Mine said it had 2200 hrs when I bought it but it had a little more I'd say. Alot depends on the driver owner and so on.

thanks - what would a good blade cost.. im sure you could get them secondhand

I was selling my blade about 18months ago funnily enough, but decided to keep as it's very handy around sheds and scraping soil. The machine is more original with it anyway. I was looking for 1500 including pins. If your thinking of doing it that way as in getting the blade after the purchase, make sure your undercarriage is rigged for a blade. It be handy if it was piped too they tend to run through the cavity and might not be too easy pipe afterwards;);)

Advertisement