Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spring Awakening in the Helix - Go See it!!

• 19-09-2010 8:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭

I love Spring Awakening, have been a fan for years. So when I saw details of the "amateur" premier in the Helix this week I was nervous. Was there on Friday night and there is nothing amateur about this production.

The front line, the chorus, the band, the set, the lighting, WOW, WOW, WOW!! This is one of the best productions I've seen in Ireland. Fan-bloody-tastic!!

I am not involved in this show at all, have no connections to it, just don't think a lot of people even know that it's on. Shows from Tuesday-Saturday of this week and then it's gone. Don't miss it!!

http://thehelix.ie/SpringAwakening1.htm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

Saw this tonight. It was utterly fantastic! Definitely one of the best stage productions I've ever seen. The cast is ridiculously talented. I was so impressed. Wow!

I'd love to go see it again but I won't be around for any of the other shows. I'd definitely recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

Yip...I went along to try out the on-stage seats tonight...and they blew me away all over again. Trying to re-work Friday now to see if I can go again!

Were the on-stage seats good? The prospect of sitting on stage seems slightly terrifying to me. :pac:

I couldn't get over the fact that the guy playing Moritz Stiefel is only 17. He's so talented. Completely stole the show.

It's a different perspective. I am glad I saw it from the front first and I do want to see it from the audience again if I can. We were in the back of the two rows, downstage left so not a whole lot going on immediately around us. Apart from Totally which was amazing.

Saw lots that I didn't notice from the audience. Was nervous going up on the stage but didn't feel at all self conscious sitting there. Glad I tried it. But if you're only going to get there once. Definitely sit in the audience. That's my advice anyway.

It's an amazingly talented cast...pretty flawless, IMO. And I'm really really picky about shows, love this one.

athtrasna wrote: »
    It's an amazingly talented cast...pretty flawless, IMO. And I'm really really picky about shows, love this one.

That's exactly what I thought. I can be pretty critical as can the friends I went with and not one of us had a single bad thing to say about this show. There was no weak link!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

Having seen the original Broadway cast and production, and SA being my favourite musical I had high expectations..

NYMT lived up to it and more, extremely talented cast on top of the best production I've seen in the helix. It was flawless and at times was better than the broadway show (Totally ****ed & Moritz last scene :D)

you deserved that standing ovation and more tonight! Hope you guys have a fantastic closing night tommorrow!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,229 ✭✭✭Dreddybajs

Saw it on Thursday, was brilliant - seeing it again tonight.

Dreddybajs wrote: »
    Saw it on Thursday, was brilliant - seeing it again tonight.

I'm going again tonight too, third time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

Saw this they other night with Futurecrook, it really was unreal. Unbelievably good. The cast were incredible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

indeed, saw it on friday night
    a fantastic production
    such energy on stage
    only wished i could have seen it again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

I'm with you dolittle, I definitely would've gone again if I'd had the money. It really was amazingly good!

Advertisement