Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Centre recommendations in Dublin area

Options
  • 19-09-2010 8:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,

I'm looking to buy a couple of small trees for my back garden (about 4 - 6 feet). Was wondering does anybody have any recommendations for reasonable garden centres in the Dublin area where there is a good choice and who deliver (preferably free delivery!)

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭jezko

Metar wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to buy a couple of small trees for my back garden (about 4 - 6 feet). Was wondering does anybody have any recommendations for reasonable garden centres in the Dublin area where there is a good choice and who deliver (preferably free delivery!)

Thanks.

What Parts of Dublin are we talking about ?? North /South /West?

Do you know what kind of trees are you looking for ?

• Registered Users Posts: 32 Metar

Thanks Jezko,

Was thinking of a Silver Birch or a "little brother" Eucalyptus. (something for a smallish suburban back garden, that won't grow too big - about 10 foot).

I am in Dublin 7, so northside or westside would be ideal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,524 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

if you're willing to head out the N2, the cottage garden centre between ashbourne and ratoath is good. a bit more out of the way, but a lovely place to visit is rolestown garden centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mollzer

If you dont mind the drive, try Tully nurseries (www.tullynurseries.ie) near the M1 at Donabate/Lusk.

They seem to have loads of trees, of all ages.
    Its a really nice garden centre/nursery. Alot of variety, think it catered alot for the trade market up until it opened its gates to the public a few years ago.

There are also smaller garden centres in the area for a browse Jones garden centre (used to be Jones fruit farm) Hearse rd Donabate and Blakes Cross garden centre, but dont think they have much in the line of trees for sale.

Advertisement