Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wexford General Hospital

Options
  • 19-09-2010 8:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭

Just like to say many thanks to the staff at Wexford hospital. They looked after my daughter most excellently......were very courtious.......and worked hard. Everyone I saw there was treated very well..........yes, people were in corridors on trolleys, but what else do you do with no room!, but saying that, they all seemed comfortable. So.......

MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL :D

Comments

Hope your daughter is doing well and glad to hear you got well looked after :)

I had a different experience when I was there but maybe they've improved.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

Friend admitted yesterday. 9 waiting on beds, sad Country where €30m can go to lawyers and financial consultants to tell us 'this Country is shagged' - makes me feel ill. Money that could have gone to the Health Service. My friend received excellent attention and the staff there were most courteous - full marks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,754 ✭✭✭oldyouth

The staff there are 100% top notch but the hospital itself doesn't really come up to scratch (IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭WexfordWarrior

browsing through the town the other day.. why have they let the old hospital building go to rack and ruin.. its disgraceful..such a beautiful old building and weed's and all sorts growing all over it..surly they could of tried to keep it someway tidy or had some use for the place. sell it ...(in these difficult times...) i dont know !

crazy

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭southofnowhere

furerer wrote: »
    Just like to say many thanks to the staff at Wexford hospital. They looked after my daughter most excellently......were very courtious.......and worked hard. Everyone I saw there was treated very well..........yes, people were in corridors on trolleys, but what else do you do with no room!, but saying that, they all seemed comfortable. So.......

MANY THANKS TO YOU ALL :D

The level of care is generally very good there, glad you got excellent care for your daughter.

One point. You say 'no room', are you aware that there were 18 patients on trolleys this morning, but far more than 18 empty beds in the hospital?

Ward closures and 're-alignments' to save money mean there is, in fact, plenty of room to afford those people the dignity they deserve, but they are left languishing in the corridor.

The beds are empty to enable the hospital to meet HSE budgets. €3.6 million cut this year from Wexford General Hospital's budget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭vedwards

...The beds are empty to enable the hospital to meet HSE budgets. €3.6 million cut this year from Wexford General Hospital's budget.
    In the big scheme of things €3.6m is not a lot and it looks like the Country will have to give more than a pound of flesh to the fat cat investors and the likelihood of a like budget Spartans would cringe at.

WexfordWarrior: goto to: http://www.abandonedireland.com/Wexford_Workhouse.html

• Registered Users Posts: 170 ✭✭sam_mom1

browsing through the town the other day.. why have they let the old hospital building go to rack and ruin.. its disgraceful..such a beautiful old building and weed's and all sorts growing all over it..surly they could of tried to keep it someway tidy or had some use for the place. sell it ...(in these difficult times...) i dont know !

crazy

hard enough to keep the main hospital open...

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Rumour has it that staff had to sign non disclosure forms regarding patients on trolleys.Despite the good work done by staff,middle management etc. in the HSE do their level best to drag our healthcare and hospitals into the stone age.
    In what other country would you see the public have to fundraise for a unit in a hospital.How much was wasted on the fancy new council offices beside the hospital?Some peoples priorities are seriously fukked up.

close to someone who works in hospital.. he never signed anything...

• Advertisement

As I said,just a rumour.Even so must be demoralising when doing your best in providing care for patients and funding being cut for frontline healthcare while those at the top get a nice fat salary and will never have to worry about being on a trolley.Imo Mary Harney is a disgrace as a Health Minister,if it was the private sector she'd be sacked long and ever ago.
    For a 1st world country we have a 3rd world health system,I have many friends and relatives who work in healthcare and would never criticise them for the work they do but the system is seriously flawed.The non essential staff in management roles and who have jobs just for the sake of giving them a role should be held accountable and be made justify their roles.We need more frontline staff and less deadwood that drain resources.But like everything in this country it's geared towards looking after the top brass and damn the rest who actually do the work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭furerer

Yes, it seems that the majority of you say staff is 100%. But as usual, the govt have to shag everything up. Like the comment about new council offices nearby......I would say that is a problem the whole country suffers from........new buildings for councils..........schools and hospitals sod off.

I have been shouting about the waste of councils ever since starting to write on boards, about how they keep increasing charges to the public and businesses, and what for? it's not to provide services for the public.....it's to provide for the lifestyle these councils have become accustomed to........just like the govt, they refuse to give up any of their expenses and opportunities to travel.......in the guise of "assisting" the economy.

Mary Harney.......a completely useless individual.....just like her counerpart.........Cowan. You just cant say anymore about those 2.

I have put this link up before, on another thread, but I'm going to again...and please read the whole article.......it's a great insight into the way councils spend money, your money, and how they enjoy it:
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserReviews-g37887-r1377174-Emmetsburg_Iowa.html

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

sam_mom1 wrote: »
    close to someone who works in hospital.. he never signed anything...

He / she would have signed a contract of employment.
    http://www.wexfordpeople.ie/premium/news/hospital-staff-told-not-to-talk-to-the-media-2320740.html

Chiparus wrote: »

obviously he signed patient confidentuailty contract, thats a given when working in a hospital when they start..

Zerks said "that staff had to sign non disclosure forms regarding patients on trolleys"... they didnt

Also that article from People says "A WARNING LETTER has been issued to staff at Wexford Hospital to tell them not to discuss bed closures there with the media."... doesn't mention signing anything..

I said it was a rumour-that was all.Non disclosure of patient details is a given it's the talk of patients on trollies that gets the management and HSE all riled up.They definitely don't want staff talking publically about it,the public and the media is bad enough.Doesn't matter if staff signed anything or not,the fact is that the HSE and those in charge want us to believe everything is rosy in the hospital service.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

Wexford General a joke , 200 beds in it with 1250 peple on the payroll . filthy dump should be closed and all the wasters let go . We cant afford to pay trolley pushers and cleaners 1000 euros a week .
    Let MR RYANAIR take control of the HSE and get rid of the unions and run these places properly.

Actually there are more like 850 working there, and I seriously doubt cleaners are earning a 1000 euro a week, where did you get your facts, in the pub?

http://www.hse.ie/eng/staff/FactFile/County_Information/Wexford/Wexford%20General%20Hospital/Wexford_General_Hospital.html

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭doleman2010

I never mentioned working there , i said on the payroll . with proper management and getting rid of hundreds of the slackers it would be a proper site .

Wexford General a joke , 200 beds in it with 1250 peple on the payroll . filthy dump should be closed and all the wasters let go . We cant afford to pay trolley pushers and cleaners 1000 euros a week .
    Let MR RYANAIR take control of the HSE and get rid of the unions and run these places properly.

1000euro a week.. haaa thats a feckin joke... theres not many slackers there either.. have you ever been to wexford gen?? if you had you would know the staff there work hard

Second most efficient hospital in Ireland 2009.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/ireland/2010/0105/1224261665544.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement