Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheapest / Free parking?

Options
  • 19-09-2010 8:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

I'm looking for somewhere cheap/free but safe to park in the city centre. My boyfriend stays with me at weekends, and parks in Hynes which is €9 for 24 hours. It's the best we've found yet, apart from the Harbour hotel which is €8, but he parks in Hynes for the handiness! He's finding the cost of it a bit much now though, €27 every week really builds up. Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭ArraMusha

Depends on the level of security you want?

If its 100% stay in Hynes's. If you want 5% park in Eyre sq.

For free parking during the day there are only a few spots...only known by a few.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Lynnsie

Dyke Road car park - €5 a day and free on Sundays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

You can park at Galway Cathedral 5 Euro per day. It is free 6.30pm-8.00am Monday to Saturday. Free all day Sunday.
    Alternatively you can park on Salthill Promenade free.

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭ollieo

There is free parking all day and night beside the cathedral car park, by the fas building, only a handful of spaces along the footpath but if your parking in the evening time should be easy to get a free space.

I've parked there a lot of nights and my car has never been damaged.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Dr McManus

I can offer secure parking in Knocknacara Cross for 5 Euro per day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,892 ✭✭✭Head The Wall

Dr McManus wrote: »
    I can offer secure parking in Knocknacara Cross for 5 Euro per day.
    Knocknacarra cross is pushing it as a city centre location. Whitestrand Road is also free and around a 5 minute brisk walk form the city centre, head back Fr Griffin road and keep going around the big S bend until you see the Double yellow lines end. It's free 24/7

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭Mike...

I have 2/3 free spots in town....not telling you though :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,173 ✭✭✭Wompa1

if I was you I'd park it up in an estate and take my risks but different strokes for different folks.

If there's no sign then you'll be fine, if there is a sign there, please do beware. If Knacks you do find then park at Hynes.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

The Cool wrote: »
    I'm looking for somewhere cheap/free but safe to park in the city centre. My boyfriend stays with me at weekends, and parks in Hynes which is €9 for 24 hours. It's the best we've found yet, apart from the Harbour hotel which is €8, but he parks in Hynes for the handiness! He's finding the cost of it a bit much now though, €27 every week really builds up. Any suggestions?
    Tell him to take the bus instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭magentas

If you want maximum security (still not 100% though) then stay put in hynes!
    Or better still try to get train or bus (if viable) to relieve all stress of parking/paying/stress/security!

Otherwise as already said €5 for cathedral car park it's free after 6.30pm every evening and all day Sun so just pay the fiver for Sat (they've got rid of a lot of what used to be free parking just up past FAS) I used to live in Nuns Island for a year and car was never touched overnight in that car park and less than 5min walk to Eyre Square

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

Cool, I'll get him to try the Cathedral and Dyke Road. Thanks dudes!

Advertisement