Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3 bed appt galway..what to do

Options
  • 19-09-2010 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭

looking a bit of advice guidance

have a three bedroom appt on college road in galway city

i owe the house and need to rent out rooms to pay for the mortgage. my situation is about to change and i am looking to rent out again but not sure how much to charge or what rooms to rent out

there is a small single room

a average double room

a large double en suit e with a 32" mounted on the wall

I know the room with the tv would get the most money. any ideas how much i could charge for this. though at same time would you rent out a room with a telly such as this in it?

the mortgage is near 780 but with propery management fees its more like 850 a month. ideally i'd pay 100 euro a week that gives 450 left to pay

would i get 450 for the big room?

or am i better off renting the two rooms one for 300 and other for 200/250 mark

its a nice appt i have put alot of money into. i don't want it wrecked and renting one room narrows it down to people messing it up if you get me!

its all a bit confusing

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 12,374 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

You should get 250 and 300 for the single and double rooms. Depends how nice hte rooms/house is, but 300 is a pretty good price for a double room in Galway at the moment.

450 is alot for a double en suite, regardless of whether it has a telly or not.

Where abouts on college road is it? Near eyre square or more the eye cinema direction?

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

its on college road just across from the huntsman... gleann noinin

its more of a home then a rented accomodation if you get me..ive put down wooden floors in all but one room and painted up etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,085 ✭✭✭Xiney

seeing as you can get a 1 bedroom apartment in Galway City (not too far out) for 450, I doubt you'd get that for a single room.

I'd go the route of renting out the other smaller rooms. Since it's owner occupied they still won't be able to mess too much up, if that's what you're worried about.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭arrianalexander

thats it pretty much, i'd rather get someone in who will treat it as a home and not be messy. i pretty tidy myself not over the top like but you know like the house to look nice.... also have cat ...the complications!

Advertisement