Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bogs

• 19-09-2010 9:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Is there any truth in the rumour that a certain 2nd level school/college about 10 miles outside the city thrashed the Woodlands Hotel on their Debs recently.If theres any truth in it theres seems to be massive damage done.True or False? and that the school/college management disowened the the students when approached.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,191 ✭✭✭kensutz

True

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,953 ✭✭✭✭kryogen

any more to add to this?

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭Bog

/confused

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Bogus

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

What is going on in this thread?

The most vague thing I've read in yonks.

Breaking news "Man may have purchased jumper somewhere possibly shop"

• Advertisement

somebody dish some details!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭lassykk

10 miles outside the city would rule out a lot

Ferrybank - too close
    Tramore - possible
    Kilmac - too far? Not sure but would say more than 10 miles

I know nothing about this but just guessing the distances

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

anyone with a credible source? no?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

What a load shee-ite is right! You don't have to give us the who, just feckin tell us WHAT happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

I'm afraid I'm gonna have to be a buzz kill and say don't say anything unless you can back it up with a link to a source.

If true no doubt someone from a local paper will run with it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

ziedth wrote: »
    I'm afraid I'm gonna have to be a buzz kill and say don't say anything unless you can back it up with a link to a source.

If true no doubt someone from a local paper will run with it anyway.

Dam you buzz kill! Il get you for this!!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭Faq

I think the De La Salle debs were last week but i didn't hear anything about the place being trashed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 744 ✭✭✭angry_fox

mooncoin???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,604 ✭✭✭deisemum

Faq wrote: »
    I think the De La Salle debs were last week but i didn't hear anything about the place being trashed

There wasn't any incident or trouble at the DLS debs. There was triple the normal security as well as the principal and a number of teachers in attendance.

thought the DLS debs was in the tower?

there was trouble at a debs in the woodlands a couple of weeks back, i know cause one of my mates was doing security at it. he said it was a pretty rough night with a couple of arrests

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭THall04

Talking to a somebody involved with the Woodlands earlier tonight.....

Apparently the thread title "bogs" could refer to a couple of rooms that had the toilets ,sinks and baths blocked with tissue paper ,then made to overflow and cause massive damage to the ceilings below.

From what I was told it was NOT De La Salle.....but a school from another town about a 10 to 13.8 mile radius of Waterford City centre........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

DLS always have among the best behaved Debs (and the OP suggested that the school was 10km outside the city). The teachers get a table, which helps keep things under control.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

dayshah wrote: »
    DLS always have among the best behaved Debs (and the OP suggested that the school was 10km outside the city). The teachers get a table, which helps keep things under control.
    The teachers having a table has nothing to do with it staying under control as they're tucked away in the corner where hardly anyone can see them. The reason why there's no trouble is because they're not granted a bar extension and everyone (bar the one or two people who may have booked a room) are out of the venue by 1am.

I think having a bar extension at a Debs is typically a bad idea. While the venue will always want to make money on the night, they have to seriously consider the risk vs reward of allowing teenagers who don't have an idea of how to pace themselves or handle their drink an extra 90 minutes to attack the bars!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Ledger

AdMMM wrote: »
    The teachers having a table has nothing to do with it staying under control as they're tucked away in the corner where hardly anyone can see them. The reason why there's no trouble is because they're not granted a bar extension and everyone (bar the one or two people who may have booked a room) are out of the venue by 1am.

I think having a bar extension at a Debs is typically a bad idea. While the venue will always want to make money on the night, they have to seriously consider the risk vs reward of allowing teenagers who don't have an idea of how to pace themselves or handle their drink an extra 90 minutes to attack the bars!

nice generalisation there.

not all teenagers are reckless p*ssheads like you make out!

i take offence to your post.

I'm sighing out loud here. When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of u and me. Well done.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Ledger wrote: »
    not all teenagers are reckless p*ssheads like you make out!

i take offence to your post.

Tell me, how many of these teenagers are over the legal age to drink?
    My guess is not very many

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭leg

deisemum wrote: »
    There wasn't any incident or trouble at the DLS debs. There was triple the normal security as well as the principal and a number of teachers in attendance.

I can safely say that there wasnt triple the normal security there was about 3 or 4 on security and that was it. The teachers always go so thats nothing new, theres never trouble at dls debs except for a few years ago but thats an exception to the rule

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

Cabaal wrote: »
    Tell me, how many of these teenagers are over the legal age to drink?
    My guess is not very many

I remember most of us were 17 with a few guys 18 as they were already 5 when they started school. I'd imagine transition year means most are 18 by debs time now. Depends on the school though if they have 4th year or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I'm sighing out loud here. When you make an assumption, you make an ass out of u and me. Well done.

assume or assumtion :D;)

!

Your right the teachers having a table doesnt have anything to do with it its the fact that its a good bunch of students does though. The teachers were not tucked away in a corner they were sitting beside the bar chatting to everyone and enjoying themselves they werent there for crowd control.

You are completly off the ball all together with not being granted a bar extension the principle organised it and didnt want one so we didnt get it. We were offered a free bar extension in the woodlands and a free drinks reception so its not like dls is barred from bar extensions it was just the principles wish.

Seriously try and get your facts straight before spouting aload of deflamatory bull

That's exactly what I'm doing.

That's exactly what I'm doing.
    What are you talking about?
    Nothing you've said is true!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

leg wrote: »
    What are you talking about?
    Nothing you've said is true!!
    Having attended De La Salle, and my subsequent debs there, I'm gonna agree with AdMMM. We only had around 4 or 5 teachers show up at our debs in the Tower Hotel and they left around half 9 so no, the teachers don't ALWAYS go. The bar was closed at 11:30 and we were told to leave at 12. The music was a ****e cover band who played Saved By The Bell 6 times. Security consisted of one bouncer on each door and then two keeping an eye outside. Even with all the it was still getting rough and they were people being thrown out every few mins. I hate to see what would have happened with as bar extension. After the Woodlands debacle a few years back with the De La Salle debs it was organised for the Tower Hotel. I had more fun at the Mercy debs.

Having attended De La Salle, and my subsequent debs there, I'm gonna agree with AdMMM. We only had around 4 or 5 teachers show up at our debs in the Tower Hotel and they left around half 9 so no, the teachers don't ALWAYS go. The bar was closed at 11:30 and we were told to leave at 12. The music was a ****e cover band who played Saved By The Bell 6 times. Security consisted of one bouncer on each door and then two keeping an eye outside. Even with all the it was still getting rough and they were people being thrown out every few mins. I hate to see what would have happened with as bar extension. After the Woodlands debacle a few years back with the De La Salle debs it was organised for the Tower Hotel. I had more fun at the Mercy debs.

\having been at the last 2 de la salle debs im speaking from up to date experiences.

Anyway this is completly off topic as this incident has nothing to do with de la salle

• Advertisement

leg wrote: »
    Your right the teachers having a table doesnt have anything to do with it its the fact that its a good bunch of students does though. The teachers were not tucked away in a corner they were sitting beside the bar chatting to everyone and enjoying themselves they werent there for crowd control.

You are completly off the ball all together with not being granted a bar extension the principle organised it and didnt want one so we didnt get it. We were offered a free bar extension in the woodlands and a free drinks reception so its not like dls is barred from bar extensions it was just the principles wish.

Seriously try and get your facts straight before spouting aload of deflamatory bull

So..........were you at the DLS debs at the woodlands this year then?

Advertisement