Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bogs

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭I Love Cheese

Having attended De La Salle, and my subsequent debs there, I'm gonna agree with AdMMM. We only had around 4 or 5 teachers show up at our debs in the Tower Hotel and they left around half 9 so no, the teachers don't ALWAYS go. The bar was closed at 11:30 and we were told to leave at 12. The music was a ****e cover band who played Saved By The Bell 6 times. Security consisted of one bouncer on each door and then two keeping an eye outside
    It was different this year, the teachers were at the reception as usual but they stayed until the end. There was a lot of security around. 1 at each of the toilets, 2 on each of the doors going into the 'disco part', 2 on the stage looking over the dancefloor. 1 on the main door and one on the back door by the smoking area. No band this year, just a DJ.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭O Riain

The teachers have got nothing to do with keeping the place calm. De La Salle debs never usually have trouble because all the lads know each other and in general get on quiet well with each other.
    When you have a girls debs you have fellas coming from different area's, different schools and its just a nightmare, you get a lot of fellas who just cant stand each other and after a few drinks there's usually a bit of blood.
    A few teachers never did and never will stop two scumbags from baytin the heads off each other, dont mind say at a debs when they literally do not have to answer to them anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,081 ✭✭✭ziedth

Seemingly the story goes that the school that I'm pretty sure isn't Kilmac, the guys that caused the damage weren't actually pupils in the year.

Advertisement