Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Engineering or Fencing companies that do custom built dog runs?

Options
  • 19-09-2010 9:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

Hiya,

Just wondering if anyone knows of anywhere around Letterkenny or 10 miles in any direction from it that does anything like this? I'm sort of looking for something to close up the gaps at both sides of the house so the dog is confined to the back of the house. Something fairly lightweight that could be fixed to the walls and fence with pins of some sort so it can easily be put up and taken down for access etc. when needs be. A gate for pedestrian access would be good as well. At the same time I don't want it to get trashed with the first gust of wind that comes along! I thought there would be loads of places but had a look through the Dealer and can't find anything obvious :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 46,095 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Try McMenamin Engineering in Killygordon.

They may have something like that but if not they would point you in the rifgt direction.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭ftnbase

Try Kevin Harrold Contracts - they are very good at fencing. They are in Ballybofey on the Glenfin Road (Glenside Business Park).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

You could also try Flemings in St. Johnston.

http://www.fleming-steel.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

I called in to Bonner Engineering and they reckon it would cost too much for what I want to do for the sake of confining a few dogs and kids to the back garden, so wooden fence it is then!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

You could contact someone from the Farm Relief to do a top quality fence.

www.farmrelief.co.uk

(Don't be fooled by the dot co dot uk thing... they're based in Donegal)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

deman wrote: »
    You could contact someone from the Farm Relief to do a top quality fence.

www.farmrelief.co.uk

(Don't be fooled by the dot co dot uk thing... they're based in Donegal)

I did get a rough estimate from them, quite pricey compared to another place I tried, its not a huge area that needs done, might be a little bit awkward though they estimated €600 plus €250 - €350 for materials. Was given an estimate of €600 including materials elsewhere.

Advertisement