Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worm farm and pineapple

Options
  • 19-09-2010 9:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

I got a worm farm and just last week released the worms into it. I left them to their own devices for a few days in compost but didn't add any food. I added some of the waste from my morning fruit juice to the worm farm on Friday. My fruit juice included pineapple and just now I have realised that this is a big no no.

I have just removed the pineapple from the worm farm.

Are they all going to die?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭dfbemt

Pineapple or citrus fruits are highly acidic and will kill the worms. You might have taken it out early enough.

Add some more brown than you would usually for a week or so. The leaves are starting to fall so they will make a good brown. A few handfuls of compost will also help.

After a week start to add your normal amount of greens and hope for the best.

My worms love fruit pulp but this will be mostly carrot, apple, kiwi. No citrus.

Advertisement