Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mayhem at woodlands hotel

Options
  • 19-09-2010 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭

Hi,did anyone hear of the Woodlands Hotel that was thrashed during a Debs Ball in August.From what im told that a certain school/college about 10 miles from the city were responsible for the damage and the school principal seemingly disowned the classes involved and said they were not representing the school.Is there any truth in the rumour.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

Didn't hear about that incident but there is an issue regarding Debs/Grads because the people are no longer students of the school and you have the situation that sees them use the name of the school for the event.

My own children's schools (boy & girl) both disassociate themselves from their Debs/Grads and have no input into the organisation of them.

If a hotel accepts the booking then they must realise they are dealing with a group of individuals and not any school.

It would be like a group of ex employees of a company having a get together, thrashing the place and then the company gets the blame and is asked to foot the bill!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭squeakyduck

I had my debs in the woodlands in 2006 and it went off without a hitch. But it was just the one school.

I have heard about the three schools in our town causing massive rows and damage to premises when they had their debs together and it disgusts me. I have a sneaky suspicion that the town your talking about it the town I went to school in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭Minstrel27

bogs wrote: »
    From what im told that a certain school/college about 10 miles from the city were responsible for the damage

What school?

• Registered Users Posts: 35 irish rwd

kilmac?

Kilmac?!?!? :eek:

Wow I always thought they were well behaved. I've heard many things about the Carrick debs when they were all put together but what can you expect?! :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Wow I always thought they were well behaved. I've heard many things about the Carrick debs when they were all put together but what can you expect?! :rolleyes:

apparantly kilmac arnt allowed have a debs in dungarvan again and the woodlands this yr. reluctantly let them in after a bit of trouble 2 years ago

That thread doesn't mention who it was! Just waiting on Carrick to me mentioned! :rolleyes::rolleyes: I really hope it is!

Yer all a load of juicy gossip teases!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 87 ✭✭x3wiggles

ahahah. my friend was at that debs. she didn't say anything about it getting that bad. the tower hotel reluctantly takes a certain school even though last year a few students were caught with drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭bogs

please explain your statement

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 483 ✭✭tom thum

what do you mean by " but what can you expect " ?

If you're from around the area you'll understand. I went to school in Carrick but the debs before mine have had write ups in the local papers....

Kilmack was always a tight reigned school when I was going to school.

If you're from around the area you'll understand. I went to school in Carrick but the debs before mine have had write ups in the local papers....

Kilmack was always a tight reigned school when I was going to school.
    i dont remember seeing anything like that. and i was t the last debs the three schools had together.

Must have been at one of the good years debs then. What years did you go to? I heard about the one that was in Thurles.

How far were you living from the Carrick area?

Must have been at one of the good years debs then. What years did you go to? I heard about the one that was in Thurles.

How far were you living from the Carrick area?
    i was at the one in thurles and saw nothing out of the ordinary. i was living in the town.

I'm almost positive it was Thurles where the 3 schools were merged for one debs and there was toilets destroyed and stuff.

This was about 2-3 + years before I had my debs.

I'm almost positive it was Thurles where the 3 schools were merged for one debs and there was toilets destroyed and stuff.

the three schools were always merged. then they broke when too many people turned up in cahir house. they have only been organising their own debs with the last 10 years or so. and i was at the one in thurles with the three schools and i dont remember any trouble at it. and i was sober! wasnt drinking at all.

i was at that debs and i was sober. cos i drove. they were always merged fpor debs. its only the last ten years that they have been seperate.

This was about 7-8 years ago then. I'd love to know who the school was though.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dashboard_hula

That was more than 10 years ago, to show my age - it was a St. Annes/Abbey combination from Tipp.

• Advertisement
Advertisement