Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linkin Park's New Album - Mod Note Post 1

Options
  • 19-09-2010 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭

anyoine get there new album. is it any good or does anyone care about them anymore

Mod Note: Please stick to the topic and, if you do or don't like the album please elaborate on why as doing that promotes discussion which is pretty much why everyone is here in the first place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

was given a free promo copy last week, listened to about half of it. its not what you'd expect, almost a concept or soundtrack album. i respect what they're doing, its very un-LP like but i'm not sure if its any good. production, as expected is top notch though.

maybe a few more listens though....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,027 ✭✭✭✭cena

how did you get a promo copy. do you work in a music shop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I was never a fan of LP. I never got into that nu-metal w*nk around the mid to late 90's so the 1st 2 albums wouldn't be my scene at all but there were a few decent tracks on the last album. I had a listen to this new one and it's a bit of a strange one but I think I might like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

I like it. Took a few listens. Very experimental. Check out a track called 'Blackout'. It's incredibly intense.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

I got a hold of it last week and it is so far removed from Hybrid Theory it might as well be a different band. There's no screaming, no growling, no distorted guitars and in my opinion nothing to recommend it if you like their old stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

I was at the listening party in new fibbers (coincidentally, i didnt know it was on) the day before it came out. It sounded like a lot of pop-rock rubbish IMO.

Max Power1 wrote: »
    It sounded like a lot of pop-rock rubbish IMO.
    Fixed your post ;).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,557 ✭✭✭Knifey Spoony

I was big into these guys when they first came out, but couldn't care less about them now. To me their music seems to match whatever trend is popular and selling in rock. Like, the early stuff was nu-metal (Hybird Theory), that died so they jumped on the soft rock approach (Minutes to Midnight) and now onto a sort of dance/rock mix (ala Pendulum). Just to much of big change in direction for me. That, and the fact that they seemed to prefer remixing their own songs instead of releasing new stuff really put them off me.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 AlanFurl

couldn't be less of a "rock album by a rock band" if it tried. why do they have a bassist??!?! :)

its very electronic, very textural in sound and quite different to anything else mainstream out there. I suggest people give it a try before dismissing it as another nu-metal/radio rock album.

I'm not saying its fantastic and I'm not saying its a turgid pile of cow dung either...but I am kinda liking it at the very least. If there was no rapping on it, I'd probably like it a lot more.

(def not a metal album so it may get torn to shreds here!!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 200 ✭✭Black Magician

AlanFurl wrote: »

(def not a metal album so it may get torn to shreds here!!!)

i didnt want to say anything incase of offending someones, dare I say it it, taste, in music. but yes GAY band all around.

• Advertisement

haha!!! there ya go!!!!

agreed, as gay as
    Motley Crue
    , but again, I wouldn't want to insult anyone's taste :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,854 ✭✭✭Beekay

Seems more along the lines of NIN than Linkin Park

AlanFurl wrote: »
    haha!!! there ya go!!!!

agreed, as gay as
    Motley Crue
    , but again, I wouldn't want to insult anyone's taste :)

Motely who??!! :D least there is no mention so far on this thread of Nickleback ...whoops

if you ever feel like venting, just head over to Nickelback's last.fm page, post some crap about how they are the worst band on the planet, sit back and watch the fans go ape, its a mindless way to waste some time. Some times their fans retaliate and start slagging your favourite bands.....lol...the crapness of Nickelback is as far reaching as a trillion light years away in the back of beyond in space. WHAT A BAND. Truly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

I've only heard the single and its the worst thing ive ever heard.

*Sigh* What is it about certain bands that make people post drivel?

Black Magician, please try to be a bit more imaginative in your posts. Dismissing something as "gay" is what a six year old might do. You don't like Linkin Park or this album? Fine, I'm not particularly impressed by them either but elaborate on why you don't like it. That way we can have a discussion.

AlanFurl, please don't drag threads off-topic. I don't like Nickelback either but I've no need to post about them in an utterly unrelated thread. Also please don't slag off Mötley Crüe on this forum of all places.

While I may have singled out the above two posters, the same goes for anyone else posting on this thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

Think most of it is shocking bad stuff but quite like 'Wretches and Kings' for its NIN type sound.

Malice_ wrote: »
    *Sigh* What is it about certain bands that make people post drivel?

Black Magician, please try to be a bit more imaginative in your posts. Dismissing something as "gay" is what a six year old might do. You don't like Linkin Park or this album? Fine, I'm not particularly impressed by them either but elaborate on why you don't like it. That way we can have a discussion.

lol sorry to be honest I havent heard much of them but what I have heard/seen I guess can be described as a band attemtping some lame techo/rap/rock style with expensive CGI videos that appeal middle upper class type American kids. One word can sum them up for me....:rolleyes:

Think most of it is shocking bad stuff but quite like 'Wretches and Kings' for its NIN type sound.
    That's one of the songs I picked up on first, they erm "borrowed" the intro from Timelessness by Fear Factory.

Fear Factory did it far better in my opinion though with the sound sample panning from left to right on the album track.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,415 ✭✭✭Riddle101

I used to like Linkin Park. I thought Hybrid Theory and Meteora were quite good, but after that it just went downhill. My first problem is the fact that they brought out an album of Remixed songs, that they had made. It just dosen't make sense, to remix your own songs expecially if they're not that old either. Then they started working with Rappers and Hip Hop artists, which ok I guess if they want to try new things then fine. But I didn't like their work with them. They just didn't mesh well. Finally nowadays their music just isn't great, it really isn't. I listen to their music and I just think, what happened to you guys? it just looks like they got lazy after the Meteora album and are still living off of the success of their debut album Hybrid Theory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭dcr22B

That's one of the songs I picked up on first, they erm "borrowed" the intro from Timelessness by Fear Factory.

Timelessness, now that is a song :D

Saw a promo ad for the new LP album and sorry not my cupán tae at all.

Riddle101 wrote: »
    It just dosen't make sense, to remix your own songs expecially if they're not that old either.
    You're the second person to post that and I'm curious why. I've always liked when bands remix their own songs and there are a few great tracks on that Reanimation album e.g. Crawling, One Step Closer, With You. Mind you, I'm also one of the few people on here who liked Remanufacture as well ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

You're the second person to post that and I'm curious why. I've always liked when bands remix their own songs and there are a few great tracks on that Reanimation album e.g. Crawling, One Step Closer, With You. Mind you, I'm also one of the few people on here who liked Remanufacture as well ;)

Add another name to those few :)

As for the LP album. I think it is quite bland. Smacks of an album that was made with fitting a perception or supposed trend in mind, rather than made to stand on musical merits.If a smaller name band had released the same album I reckon it would be getting no thread time on here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭MickShamrock

Haven't heard the album, but it's managed to make the number one album slot in America 253,685 copies sold in its first week.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/sales/salescht.cgi

I did enjoy Reanimation when it came out, it was really different to anything else that I was listening to at the time. But when they did the MTV mash-up thing, it just seemed to me that they would prefer to rely on their old songs rather than press ahead with new material. It just seemed lazy that they would have three version of a song. Remixing a song once is fine, but the second time is kind of taking the piss.

I did enjoy Reanimation when it came out, it was really different to anything else that I was listening to at the time. But when they did the MTV mash-up thing, it just seemed to me that they would prefer to rely on their old songs rather than press ahead with new material. It just seemed lazy that they would have three version of a song. Remixing a song once is fine, but the second time is kind of taking the piss.
    Heh, I disliked that Collision Course album so much I completely forgot about it :).
    I agree entirely about taking the piss.

Was it when Meteora was released where Mike Shinoda said something like that they had 60 or 80 songs done and chose the best twelve for the album? I remember thinking that if the best twelve made the album, the songs that didn't make the cut must have been very poor indeed.

Was it when Meteora was released where Mike Shinoda said something like that they had 60 or 80 songs done and chose the best twelve for the album? I remember thinking that if the best twelve made the album, the songs that didn't make the cut must have been very poor indeed.

Yup, I remember one of them saying that they did have a huge amount of songs written for that album. That fact used to annoy me when I was still a fan. Like if they could write so many songs why not work on some of them a small bit more and release an ablum instead of remixing old songs. But, looking back now, you're probably right, those rejected songs must have been pretty bad indeed,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

i have all lp real albums{not albums of remixed crap} and do i dare say im a fan........

bought the new album bout two weeks ago and thought it was crap actually after listening to first few songs i took it out of cd player to make sure it was the right album......

all that said i have continued to listen to it and it has really grown on me its a far cry from hybrid theory but i get that there tryin to be different and grow as a band but didnt metallica try that with load and reload and they were crap albums......

part of me likes{or evens loves} the new album but would still prefer hybrid theory

tommy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    i have all lp real albums{not albums of remixed crap} and do i dare say im a fan........

bought the new album bout two weeks ago and thought it was crap actually after listening to first few songs i took it out of cd player to make sure it was the right album......

all that said i have continued to listen to it and it has really grown on me its a far cry from hybrid theory but i get that there tryin to be different and grow as a band but didnt metallica try that with load and reload and they were crap albums......

part of me likes{or evens loves} the new album but would still prefer hybrid theory

tommy

jfa2492l.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Max Power1 wrote: »
    jfa2492l.jpg

had to say something too many people dislike it.

Advertisement