Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Linkin Park's New Album - Mod Note Post 1

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Max Power1

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    had to say something too many people dislike it.
    *sigh* I wasnt going to reply for fear of derailing the discussion (there is a metallica superthread for that type of discussion) but just because a band makes an album that sounds a bit different to the previous ones does not automatically make the new albums "crap". There were a lot of good songs on load and reload, and they are certainly not "crap" albums.

anyway back on topic. The new LP album is total and utter tripe. I grew out of their other albums (Hybrid theory & meteora) when I grew out of my nu metal phase, but they were decent. The new album sounds like something busted or mcfly would write. Middle of the road radio pop-rock.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

Max Power1 wrote: »
    *sigh* I wasnt going to reply for fear of derailing the discussion (there is a metallica superthread for that type of discussion) but just because a band makes an album that sounds a bit different to the previous ones does not automatically make the new albums "crap". There were a lot of good songs on load and reload, and they are certainly not "crap" albums.

anyway back on topic. The new LP album is total and utter tripe. I grew out of their other albums (Hybrid theory & meteora) when I grew out of my nu metal phase, but they were decent. The new album sounds like something busted or mcfly would write. Middle of the road radio pop-rock.

okay maybe i was a bit over the top sayin that they were crap as i am a massive metallica fan....but come on to compare a thousand suns to a mcfly or busted album is a bit crazy......:eek::eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Yeah definitely an over reaction the Max, while I'm not overly fond of the new album it doesn't deserve that harsh of a criticism!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

tommyboy26 wrote: »
    had to say something too many people dislike it.
    No, you didn't have to call Load and Reload crap. That has nothing to do with this thread topic and I've already had words with some posters on this thread about keeping on topic so consider this a request for you to do the same. As Max Power1 pointed out, there's a Metallica thread where you can put that view and discuss it.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Put it off for a while but I went and grabbed it today.

Best way to say it is did you know that on iTunes, the band has released A Thousand Suns as one single 47 minute track?? Of course you need to buy the album to get this exclusive itunes version track, but it illustrates the point made by some of the reviews: This is not a collection of songs, its an Album. An epic*.

*epic meaning epic in scope or genre or targeted scale, that in itself is not a comment or opinion on the quality of the album.

Really so far liking the Catalyst and the opening track Requiem. When They Come For Me is quickly growing on me too.

The 47min track would be perfect to toss into a shuffle though. man :( I really don't want to install iTunes or give money to Apple.

I like that they've made each album different to date, and more importantly that they've moved on from some of their more Angsty themes found in Hybrid Theory and Meteora: of those I wasn't a big fan of the writing, but the sound has always been great to listen to.

• Advertisement

Overheal wrote: »
    The 47min track would be perfect to toss into a shuffle though. man :( I really don't want to install iTunes or give money to Apple.
    Assuming you've already got the source MP3s can't you just grab something like Audacity and merge them together to make one long MP3?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,378 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

but thats work...

Also, the video for Waiting For The End is trippy cool

The Catalyst was less thrilling... for this I'll stick to my own sketchbook and conjured imaginations

Overheal wrote: »
    but thats work...
    Well assuming you don't want to give money to Apple or pirate the long version you haven't got many other options.

Advertisement