Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cat meowing

Options
  • 19-09-2010 10:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭

I have my 2 cats almost a year, they are brother and sister and both neutered, they came to me at about 12 weeks and have been getting on great ever since.

In the last 2 weeks the girl has been wandering around the house meowing loudly for no apparent reason, there is always someone in the house and they are almost never left alone, I always have fresh water and food available to them, They both are not especially cuddly cats, they come for a rub when it suits them, also they access to outside in the day time but are kept in at night, sorry for all the details but maybe there is a clue in there somewhere

When i hear her meow i go and try and give her attention, sometimes this pacifys her but sometimes she ignores me and continues walking around the house meowing

Someone told me this is common with cats taken from their mothers too early but she is nearly a year old now and never had this before,

has anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

i had this with one of my cats before and when taken to the vets they took a scan and found a rubber string inside her that was causing her serious problems. is she off her food? is she less active?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,596 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Have there been any random cats hanging around outside that you've noticed? Cats can get awfully upset by a stray patrolling their territory.

If not and theres been no environmental changes then im goin with polkertalk on there possibly being something medically wrong.

Apart from the crying, has there been any other behavioural changes in either of them? More or less of any of these- clinginess, litter tray usage,appetite,thirst,living conditions. Also how long ago where they neutered?

• Registered Users Posts: 806 ✭✭✭pokertalk

you should deffo bring her to the vet and let them have a look anyway. we could speculate all day but the vet would be your best option

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭sex panther

Thanks for the replies,

I did find a stray in my kitchen the a few weeks ago (i had the door open) and she was sitting watching him. The stray looks very skinny and turns up once or twice a week looking for food,

i didnt think this would have an effect on her cos my tom cat is fine, Other than that everything with her is as normal. I will take her to the vet tho just in case!

Advertisement