Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

How do i unsubscribe from xbox live?

• 19-09-2010 10:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭

Whats the quickest way to unsubscribe from xbox live? Can i do it online or do i have to ring them and if so what is the number. I've had more than enough of paying for online gaming, sick to death of it.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

If you entered a code bought in store or online your subscription runs out itself depending on how long you purchased last time.

However, if you used a credit card on Xbox.com or Xbox Live you will have to call them to cancel auto renewal.

+353 12420758

or 1 800 509 186

Hearing Impaired (TTY device):
    1 800 509 197

Hours of operation:
    Monday-Friday: 09:00-22:00
    Saturday: 09:00-20:00
    Sunday: 09:00-17:00

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,230 ✭✭✭Wetbench4

Thank you bucks, much appreciated.

I'm going to unsubscribe myself before the weekend. What info will I need? My credit card is being used for two accounts but the other is for my friends account who owned the console previously and I don't know all of his account details.

Will it be straight forward? I can't believe they have gotten rid of the online unsubscribe button. I definitely won't be signing up again by CC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭Sandvich

Yeah, it's smarmy and dishonest. I got caught out by this too.

What details do I need to give?

Also does fudging the security code on your credit card details work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Yes I also intend to cancel soonas you can renew on ebay for a fraction of the cost,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Call support and tell them you wish to remove a credit card from your account and they will ask for your Gamertag and credit card details. Simple enough even though it should be possible to do online.

Did it myself last week as there was a promotion on the dashboard for 12 months XBL for €34 so I bought another 12 months and rang the next day to remove credit card details.

Advertisement