Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PHP menu question

Options
  • 19-09-2010 10:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hey,

Can anyone help me out. I am in process of making a website and have a template thing that im editing but not too up to speed with PHP.

I have a menu on the right hand side of my site and the first option is "Login". Now the PHP for this is:

if ($conf == 'ON')
    echo '<li class="arrow"> <a href="' . URL . '/login.html">' . $lang . '</a>';
    else
    echo '<li class="arrow"> <a href="' . URL . '/login.php">' . $lang . '</a>';

But I can't see where I can change the text that shows on my site to say "Sign up". I literally just want to replace the login with Sign up.

This might be a real basic question but just cannot get my head around PHP :)

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Looks like you're working with something that has different languages that are defined in separate files. If you have a way of searching for text within a whole bunch of files (I use Text Wrangler for Mac) then search your package for Menu_User_Login and you should find the definition to change.

Is it OpenRealty? http://phpxref.com/xref/openrealty/include/language/en/lang.inc.php.source.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭lil_lisa

Can you show us the code for login.html or login.php?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

lil_lisa wrote: »
    Can you show us the code for login.html or login.php?
    I'm guessing there is only login.php. Judging by the code it looks like if mod rewrite on apache is enabled, it will map .html to .php for SEO purposes probably.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Djdukey

Yes Gordan, thats the program! Ill download that program and have a look.

I don't know what that apache thing about changing it to HTML.

Im starting to worry a bit now I think my site my be a bit over my head :(

Advertisement