Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leo Burdocks

Options
  • 19-09-2010 10:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

Ive eaten in Leo Burdocks a number of times but I have heard of people before talking about the "crispy bits" available there?! Can anyone elaborate on this for me????

Thanks in advance :)!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

When deep frying the fish they put it in batter and then you throw it in the frier, lots of tiny bits drops of batter fall off while being placed into it, they sieve these out to stop them burning up and making the frier messy. So it is basically just tiny bits of batter.

They used to give them out free in Christchurch years ago and you would only get them if available, after frying the fish. I think they might actually charge extra for them now, and they might specifically make them, i.e. not just a by product of the fish but actually get a spoon and drip in tiny bits of batter to make them.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

If you ask them for the bits they'll give them to you. They used to give them out in Rathmines too but it was Christchurch that was famous for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭D1976

A mate got the crispy bits years ago and found a fish eye in the bag, mmmmmm tasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,335 ✭✭✭✭UrbanSea

D1976 wrote: »
    A mate got the crispy bits years ago and found a fish eye in the bag, mmmmmm tasty
    Sounds delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭ginoginelli

What happenned to burdocks? It used to be one of the best chippers in dublin but over the past few years has gone to sh*te. Everything is always greasy and the chips are always stuck together. Not having the oil hot enough is usally the cause of this. Surely they're in the game long enough not to be making these type of mistakes..

Leo is probably turning in his grave!!

• Advertisement
Advertisement