Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

a list of upcoming sportives

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

There'll be 3 possibly 4 of us anyway. Do they group tend to stick together or do the guys "race" this do you know. I know you mightn't have the vaguest idea but my girlfriend would love to come along on the 92km route but she's a bit anxious about the pace. She is however well capable of holding up a decent clip. She has hung onto me many a time over shorter distances but not up to 92km!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Bambaata wrote: »
    There'll be 3 possibly 4 of us anyway. Do they group tend to stick together or do the guys "race" this do you know. I know you mightn't have the vaguest idea but my girlfriend would love to come along on the 92km route but she's a bit anxious about the pace. She is however well capable of holding up a decent clip. She has hung onto me many a time over shorter distances but not up to 92km!

No one in the club races so there won't be people from the club tearing off from the start. I would think that there will be a number of groups (2 or 3) that will form including a number that just jump on a bike a couple of times a year so that will be a nice leisurely pace. Would think people will regroup every now and again as well. Can't be sure but they are all friendly people and a mix of ladies and gents so your girlfriend should have no worries!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

Thats great. Thanks for that! Hopefully there's some mid stage sprints to keep it interesting :P

Thats great. Thanks for that! Hopefully there's some mid stage sprints to keep it interesting :P

You can always set yourself some targets alone the way! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭seve65

Bambaata, nice to meet you today, sorry I missed you leaving the pub! Hope you enjoyed the day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Really enjoyed that spin out with Rathkenny Wheelers yesterday, the last 10k was done at a decent clip:)

Advertisement