Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need Help With WordPress

Options
  • 20-09-2010 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭

OK I'll admit it I was watching the match and trying to work the computer at the same time and have landed my self in the s..t. Anyway here's my problem

I completely removed my copy of WordPress and deleted the database. I then re-installed WordPress, carried out all the necessary adjustments and went to http://mysite.com/wp-admin/install.php but got the message that ‘One or more database tables are unavailable. The database may need to be repaired.’ Went through the desired procedure with the results below

The wp_users table is okay.
    The wp_users table is already optimized.
    The wp_usermeta table is okay.
    The wp_usermeta table is already optimized.
    The wp_posts table is okay.
    The wp_posts table is already optimized.
    The wp_comments table is okay.
    The wp_comments table is already optimized.
    The wp_links table is okay.
    The wp_links table is already optimized.
    The wp_options table is okay.
    Successfully optimized the wp_options table.
    The wp_postmeta table is okay.
    The wp_postmeta table is already optimized.
    The wp_terms table is okay.
    The wp_terms table is already optimized.
    The wp_term_taxonomy table is okay.
    The wp_term_taxonomy table is already optimized.
    The wp_term_relationships table is okay.
    The wp_term_relationships table is already optimized.
    The wp_commentmeta table is okay.
    The wp_commentmeta table is already optimized.
    Repairs complete. Please remove the following line from wp-config.php to prevent this page from being used by unauthorized users.
    define('WP_ALLOW_REPAIR', true);

Removed the line above and went back to http://mysite.com/wp-admin/install.php but again get the message that One or more database tables are unavailable. The database may need to be repaired.
    It keeps going around in circles.

In case some files were corrupted I did another complete re-install, didn't touch the database though and still getting the same result :confused:

Any suggestions, and idea of what might be happening?
    Kevin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭cormee

Did you have any plugins?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Not sure what the exact problem is (talking to your hosting company might be a good idea).

But here's a workaround that might do the trick for you: log into to PHPmyAdmin and delete the tables and start the install over.

Alternatively, another way of doing the same is change the table prefix value in the wp config file to be "wp_yoursite_", that'll create new tables for your WP install.

HTH.

Advertisement