Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post of the Day dead?

Options
  • 20-09-2010 12:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭

I've noticed POTD hasn't changed in 2 days, is this because the user boards.ie hasn't thanked it...or boards itself not noticing the highest thanks count?

And Thread of the Day, of course?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,183 ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

Was just about to comment on this myself.

The post was good but not that good :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I thought this last night, but was very drunk...

At least now I know i'm not the only one :)

This is currently POTD for today

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

This was reported earlier in Help Desk, so I transferred it over to Site Development as a bug for Ross and Conor to have a look at.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,706 ✭✭✭Midnight_EG

Not for me it isn't.

• Advertisement

Not for me it isn't.

Clear cache, or CTRL + F5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭mudokon

Don't know if it will work for everyone but the post of the day seems to update on the Boards.ie Beta style setting.

On the style setting I normally use, the thread of the day is still the "UPC problem in Leixlip". When I change to Beta it is "Curly girly".

Edit: in saying that though I'm getting a different POTD than Tallon. :confused:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68101844

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Is Post Of The Day now:

Post made the day before, that went on to receive the most thanks on that day?

Or ..

Post made anyday, but that received the most thanks the day before it gets Post Of The Day?

It used to be the latter, but now it seems to be the former, is that correct?

It's the latter, but the YLYL thread is so big now that it kind of ends up being the former.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,689 ✭✭✭✭OutlawPete

Tallon wrote: »
    It's the latter, but the YLYL thread is so big now that it kind of ends up being the former.

How can it end up being the former, if it's the latter?

I've got Post Of The Day a few times and most of those were posts that I made before midnight for the day it went on to get 'most thanks' for'.

Now, it seems not to be based on the post that receives the most thanks on a given day but also the post must be started on that that day too.

Was that a deliberate decision or has it just worked out that way?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,924 ✭✭✭✭RolandIRL

i thought that the POTD was always the post that got the most thanks the day before, and was only posted that day.
    http://www.boards.ie/?filter=thanks
    i do keep track sometimes of the thanks, and older posts don't really show up on it. they appear for a while at the start of the day but in the evening they seem to go off the list, leaving only the posts that were that same day.

Advertisement