Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Holiday Pay Query

Options
  • 20-09-2010 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

I'm a casual worker in a hotel and we always got our holiday pay twice yearly, end of june and the week before Christmas, has been that way as long as anyone can remember.

Anyway, there has been a change in managment and while we know things are tight, we're lucky to have a job etc, we never received our holiday pay this summer.

When we asked about it, we were told that we would get it the first week in september... Cut to this week and still no holiday pay.. All the casual workers are students and most of us, myself included had been relying on this money to help with registration fees/ deposits etc.

My question is, can my employer just change the payments like they did and is there a time limit on having to receive it? The Working Time Act never states a specific duration, only says to be paid when workers take holidays.. That only happens with the full time staff here.
    Would like to know how to proceed from here as I am due roughly €500 which would really help with the start of this college year :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Clauric

If you are finished working, then you should have got your holiday pay when you left. If you are still working there, then you should take your holidays, and they pay you for them when you take them.

Advertisement