Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oceansize. Recommend an album?

Options
  • 20-09-2010 3:18am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭

Howdee all,

Came across these guys on youtube, and was wondering if anyone could recommend a good solid album by them. I've listened to a few tracks, but wouldn't know which album is known to be one of their better ones....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Get Self-Preserved While The Bodies Float Up

It is their new album, only came out two or so weeks ago, but is probably their best album imho.

And if you like Oceansize, and/or have a liking of good proggy/ slightly doomy/alt sounding music, then check out I, Vigilante which is the new album from Crippled Black Phoenix.

• Registered Users Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Demeyes

Frames was the first one I had. It's a really good album so I'd recommend that for starters.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

All of them, brilliant band

• Registered Users Posts: 6,382 ✭✭✭Motley Crue

Saw them support Faith No More last year in Edinburgh and didn't think too much of them to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

the first two efflorsece and everyone into position are their best IMO. Haven't listened to the new one enough yet.

Also the Home and Minor EP for the really chilled stuff!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

yeargh! I went and listened to stuff off each album last night, and it's all pretty good. I prefer the more ambient stuff to the heavier stuff though...

Just downloaded the first 2 albums off the Oceansize site. I hear the later 2 are better, but so far so good with these ones.

I hear bits of Incubus in the first album, bits of radiohead, bits of post rock. I like the floaty post rock songs better over the Tool influenced stuff. They have elements of all types of music I like in them....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

I am the morning/catalyst is one of the finest pieces of music ever, and the first thing i play for someone interested in oceansize.

saw them in the ambassador with biffy clyro back in '03 (or was it '04) and they were excellent.

saturday morning breakfast show is pretty cool too...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Gax

Everyone Into Position is good. 'Music For a Nurse' is WOW

• Advertisement
Advertisement