Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snowboarding / Ski-ing in Victoria?

Options
  • 20-09-2010 5:31am
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm planning to leave Melbourne next weekend and head for the snow & hills based upon recommendations from work colleagues.

Anyone care to share their thoughts on snowboarding/ski-ing around Victoria?
    • Places to go/avoid?
    • Place to stay?
    • Any other tips?
    Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Isn’t the season well over now?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Not according to those I spoke with. Heaviest snowfall for years, etc.

Any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Doc

Friends of mine have gone to Mt Buller and enjoyed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭lg123

buller and hotham are good. baw baw is the closest to melbourne but its not a great spot, if you are only learning it would be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,353 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

BossArky wrote: »
    Not according to those I spoke with. Heaviest snowfall for years, etc.

Any ideas?

You'll want to be quick, the peak season is over, ends the first week in september. right at the end of the august/satart of september was when a lot of snow hit but it was just a freak of nature, its not going to stay like that. Prices for accom, ski hire etc has dropped down already

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,523 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

Just to update this...

Went snowboarding on Mt.Buller on Saturday and Sunday just past (25/26th sept). It was great! Lots of discounts as it was the 2nd last weekend of the season. Nice and sunny along with some decent snow on the hills (none falling).

If anyone is interested then head next weekend as it closes after next Sunday. The runs are ok but not to the standard of Austria/Switzerland. Good fun though.

Gum trees and snow look wrong together :D

Advertisement