Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connection issues still? Really microsoft?

Options
  • 20-09-2010 8:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭

Seriously, I am major pissed at Microsoft. Its bad enough that we have to pay for live but then to give us a piss poor experience to boot is just insulting. I know its still within a week of release but come on. Its no excuse. Not only can I not play a game of co op campaign without the slow motion effect, EVERY game of Big Team battle is plagued by either the game dropping all together or the agonizing host migration screen coming and delaying the game for up to 5 mins!

I use a 5Meg line and my friend is using 20Meg and we still couldn't get through a game of campaign without timing out. Everything else works well though, all the 4 team playlists and even firefight. Its just mad that such a huge game is being pwoned by issues that the last game suffered from. Anyone else having problems?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Zeouterlimits

Been pretty much perfect for me, I'm really happy with the netcode, big improvement over H3.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

haven't had a single problem with my connection. halo 3 I used to lag out quite a lot from games but thankfully it seems to have improved a lot....in my experience

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

I've yet to play online as I'm without broadband atm, new house and whatnot, hopefully at the end of the week though, but I'll have to forfeit loads of credits I've earned offline because of some BS reason Bungie gave regarding "Levelling out the playing field"

I haven't heard any issues regarding lag or anything with it so I'm assuming it's a lot better than Halo 3 was, the ridiculous amount of lag playing Halo 3 was insane but it was still fun as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭RAIN

I'm going to try searching by best connection tonight. My connection is UPC 54ms Ping, 5 Meg. Last night I couldn't play a game of firefight without everyone getting booted but me. It actually played to my advantage because I could then get into a rocket fight and kill all around me - see stats

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Batmantastic

RAIN wrote: »
    My connection is UPC 54ms Ping, 5 Meg.

I've no idea how UPC's 5mb works out but their 30mb is king IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

amen to that

maximoose wrote: »
    amen to that

Its all I can afford at the minute just moved in. Went down once in the last 6 months but besides that its freekin awesome. No problems with any other game and I played battlefield every day since it came out (until reach hit) so its driving me mental that I'm having issues with Reach. Hopefully the search by best connection will help my cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,834 ✭✭✭Useful.Idiot

I have a crappy Eircom 2mb connection and it runs grand!

Customized the search to look for best connection. Had no issues last night, it was deadly :).

Couple of guys who played with me got cut off from our party though and I defo seen other people have issues with Lag etc. But I couldn't care less about them :P

Finally got a few games of Invasion last night too. It was awesome

• Registered Users Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭Shammy

RAIN wrote: »
    Seriously, I am major pissed at Microsoft. Its bad enough that we have to pay for live but then to give us a piss poor experience to boot is just insulting. I know its still within a week of release but come on. Its no excuse. Not only can I not play a game of co op campaign without the slow motion effect, EVERY game of Big Team battle is plagued by either the game dropping all together or the agonizing host migration screen coming and delaying the game for up to 5 mins!

I use a 5Meg line and my friend is using 20Meg and we still couldn't get through a game of campaign without timing out. Everything else works well though, all the 4 team playlists and even firefight. Its just mad that such a huge game is being pwoned by issues that the last game suffered from. Anyone else having problems?

Go to www.speedtest.net and do 3 tests in a row , see if there are any differences in the speeds , do it at a peak time say 9 pm.
    Also check if your nat settings are open , a lot of upc customers have a problem with this.

No it aint ;)

edit , never mind Rain just saw your last post , you had no problems last night :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement