Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining a Club

Options
  • 20-09-2010 9:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭

Looking too join a club in dublin 8 whats the best place ?

would like too try it out for one evening see how I get on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ourfi

Me 2

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

Hi Guys.

Check out canoe.ie which has a listing of local clubs to you.

Its down at the moment so cant post the specific link.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

Hey,

As it's one of the worse sites to navigate you can get direct to the clubs list HERE.

There aren't many clubs in Dublin that have the whole club house set up etc, Wild Water Kayak Club who can be found at www.wwkc.net are one of the best organized.

If you haven't paddled before you may struggle to join a club at this time of year without prior experience.

Adrian

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 ourfi

I fine with the paddling & the gear just like some decent company without all the jumping through hoops. & its hard to figure out a canoe club from a web site. I'm probably just 2 fussy:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭adrianshanahan

ourfi wrote: »
    I fine with the paddling & the gear just like some decent company without all the jumping through hoops. & its hard to figure out a canoe club from a web site. I'm probably just 2 fussy:cool:

Well in that case I would suggest you drop the guys at Rock Hoppers kayak club a line they have a website and forum which can be found HERE.

A nice relaxed social bunch of folks who paddle everything from the Liffey / Boyne to more demanding stuff in Wicklow.

Best of luck with where ever you end up.

Adrian

• Advertisement
Advertisement