Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car delays me every morning on N6 - AArrggh!

Options
  • 20-09-2010 10:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭

Does anyone travel into Galway on the N6 at about 7.30-7.45am each weekday morning?
    There is a car that drives at no more than 30 mph and delays me every day!
    I have ended up leaving my house half an hour early to avoid her!
    She is sooooo annoying. There is always a line of traffic behind her and she seems completely oblivious to it! The speed limit on that road is 100kph so why the hell can she not travel at that speed. And she only has one working light! :mad: :mad: :mad:
    I know her reg number and I swear I am now at the point where I'm afraid of what I'll say to her if I ever see her in a car park or a shop somewhere!
    Am I the only one to feel like this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

why not report it to the gardai - if she is driving too slow its actually an offence - as well as the broken light .... at worst they stop her and let her know she's causing a backlog of traffic.

Some people are just not road aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,554 ✭✭✭✭alwaysadub

Can you use the motorway instead? I used to hate getting stuck like that on the way into work.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

I'm getting a deja vu here, someone else have posted about this before.
    Let me see if I can find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭bubbaloo

alwaysadub wrote: »
    Can you use the motorway instead? I used to hate getting stuck like that on the way into work.

Sadly I live between Craughwell and Loughrea so it would actually take me longer to travel to Loughrea or Athenry to get onto the motorway. Believe me, I've thought about it!!
    Thought about reporting her to the Gardai too but not sure if she's actually doing anything illegal!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 martin699

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Thought about reporting her to the Gardai too but not sure if she's actually doing anything illegal!

she actually is doing something illegal though... she is blocking the flow of traffic... that is an offence... plus as said before she only has one working light which is also an offence...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

PCPhoto wrote: »
    ... if she is driving too slow its actually an offence .....
    Traveling at 30MPH (50-ish KPH) on an 'N' road where the speed-limit is 100KPH is not an offence I recognise. Any leads / pointers you can supply?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭WallyGUFC

Just KEEP beeping no matter where in the line of traffic you are. Flash the lights. The works! Eventually it will work up the line and get to her and she'd surely notice that!

• Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭bagels

WallyGUFC wrote: »
    Just KEEP beeping no matter where in the line of traffic you are. Flash the lights. The works! Eventually it will work up the line and get to her and she'd surely notice that!

Your comment could be interpreted as incitement to commit reckless and/or dangerous driving at worst and road rage at best.
    You should practice courtesy on the road.
    You have a history of discourtesy that detracts from your reputation, see link:
    http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=68035724&postcount=89
    Perhaps you should reexamine your behaviour?

WallyGUFC wrote: »

Firstly, I'm not sure she'd even notice! Seriously this woman is on a planet of her own.
    And secondly, I kind of agree with what bagels said! :p
    Anyway, she either read what I put up here yesterday or she's on a day off today because there was no sign of her this morning.
    I even had time for a coffee before I got to my desk!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

All from the RSA website

Looking at the offenses I think that this driver may fall foul of the following two offenses

1. Driving without reasonable consideration
    2. Driver found to be driving carelessly

Looking at the Rules of the Road
    pg 41: When the way is clear, move out and adjust your speed to that of the normal flow of traffic.

Pg 89:
    Avoid driving too slowly
    In normal road and traffic conditions, keep up with the pace of the traffic flow while obeying the speed limit. While you must keep a safe distance away from the vehicle in front, you should not drive so slowly that your vehicle unnecessarily blocks other road users. If you drive too slowly, you risk frustrating other drivers, which could lead to dangerous overtaking.

Report all incidents to your local Garda station or contact Traffic Watch on:
    Lo-Call 1890 205 805.

It could also be that they have a faulty speedo - I was guilty of this in my first car back in the 90s - was driving at 15 mph less than the limit purely down to the fact that my car had been diddled... Was abused on a daily basis but did not know better as it was my first car. Only found out during a check after 2 mts - 2 mts of pure hell for all the other drivers around me....

• Advertisement

Taltos wrote: »

It could also be that they have a faulty speedo - I was guilty of this in my first car back in the 90s - was driving at 15 mph less than the limit purely down to the fact that my car had been diddled... Was abused on a daily basis but did not know better as it was my first car. Only found out during a check after 2 mts - 2 mts of pure hell for all the other drivers around me....

Ha ha :D:D Brilliant story!
    Thanks so much for all the effort of fiding the rules for me!
    I might give the Gardai a ring when I see her the next time - and if they try to dismiss my complaint I'll quote the above at them!!! :D:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 809 ✭✭✭dec25532

I think you might have her on Section 51 A of the Road Traffic Act which, as Taltos pointed out, is driving without reasonable consideration for other road users. Her speed is encouraging motorists behind to overtake, often when it is not advisable to do so. The Gardai would take a dim view of this.
    There is a white van with a mayo reg which does this on the N17 between Tuam and Galway every morning between 8 and 8.30 . . . but not as slow, I'd say.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭Tranceypoo

I think I remember her from when I lived in Loughrea and was driving into Galway in the mornings about that time, that was 2 years ago, I wonder is it the same woman, she was sooo annoying, nothing would move her out of the way. I feel for you!

Tranceypoo wrote: »
    I think I remember her from when I lived in Loughrea and was driving into Galway in the mornings about that time, that was 2 years ago, I wonder is it the same woman, she was sooo annoying, nothing would move her out of the way. I feel for you!

Ha ha - thanks Tranceypoo. Good to know I'm not alone in my hatred for her!! She's probably the reason you don't live in Loughrea anymore!!

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Frank Jnr

00-G reg silver Nissan Almera, dent on the top of the boot... am I correct?

Wrecked my head for 4 years until the motorway opened, think she actually shortened my life by a few years due to sheer frustration.

You know she is going slow when a huge artic truck overtakes her and makes her look like she's stopped. I've seen some crazy stunts pulled to get around her.

The day that motorway opened I wanted to stop the car, get out and kiss the tarmac I was that happy, I was in love with an inanimate object!

I'm dead serious, not exaggerating, I was so happy to see that motorway and it was all because of her.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭MargeS

Yip, I know who you are talking about too. She causes huge tail backs!! I've also been behind her on the way home too. However, I use a form of transport now that allows me to over come this obstacle more easily!! :D

I've been in a line of traffic behind her on the long straight passed Tom Doyles, and there was a traffic corps car in that line too. They didn't do anything about her!!

I found another thread about this....and the funny thing is, that it was started by me in 2006!!!! :eek:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2054973732

• Registered Users Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭deisemum

A judge convicted a farmer for slow inconsiderate driving a while back, banned him from driving his tractor for a year.

I don't know why she hasn't been reported before now.

http://www.mayonews.ie/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6475&Itemid=38

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭Frank Jnr

The thing about driving slowly is the fact that the speed limit of the road is a "limit" and not a "target", some people live by this and do whatever speed they want below the limit.

I've seen people do funny, and dangerous, things on the road in front of cops yet they did nothing, the Gardai have been stuck behind her on numerous occasions (I know as I was either in front of or behind them) but there was nothing done about her.

Frank Jnr wrote: »
    00-G reg silver Nissan Almera, dent on the top of the boot... am I correct?

Wrecked my head for 4 years until the motorway opened, think she actually shortened my life by a few years due to sheer frustration.

You know she is going slow when a huge artic truck overtakes her and makes her look like she's stopped. I've seen some crazy stunts pulled to get around her.

The day that motorway opened I wanted to stop the car, get out and kiss the tarmac I was that happy, I was in love with an inanimate object!

I'm dead serious, not exaggerating, I was so happy to see that motorway and it was all because of her.

That is hilarious, and yes we are talking about the same person!
    Yip, I know who you are talking about too. She causes huge tail backs!! I've also been behind her on the way home too. However, I use a form of transport now that allows me to over come this obstacle more easily!! biggrin.gif

I've been in a line of traffic behind her on the long straight passed Tom Doyles, and there was a traffic corps car in that line too. They didn't do anything about her!!

I found another thread about this....and the funny thing is, that it was started by me in 2006!!!! eek.gif
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showt...p?t=2054973732
    Marge S - how funny is that? I love your description of her in post #7.
    This bloody eejit has been getting away with this for years. Right I'm going to have a think about it and decide what to do but WE MUST TAKE ACTION!!! For the good of all the drivers on the N6! United we stand and all that!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭galah

I think the reason why you didnt see her on the N6 was because a silver Nissan was holding up the traffic on the Barna Road this morning...could have been her?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,410 ✭✭✭old_aussie

Report to the police that the driver is wandering all over the road and is a risk to other drivers.

Ring the RTE and get them to broadcast the delay each morning.

RTÉ is a Public Service Broadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭Blue850

Overtook OO G Almera lady this evening, She also has L plates but sneakily has the white reflective part removed, she shouldn't be on the road.

Jesus people - we have another one!
    There was a 01 Micra doing about 35 mph this morning. I thought it was my 00 Almera buddy with a new car!!
    Anyway, having tried to contact Loughrea Gardai 4 times last week, I finally got hold of them this morning and told them about both of the ould biddies!
    They said they would keep an eye out and have a word!
    I'm not going to hold my breath!

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

The funny thing is I travelled this road daily between Oct 2005 and April 2006 and I remember her.......she was travelling that this very speed :)

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    The funny thing is I travelled this road daily between Oct 2005 and April 2006 and I remember her.......she was travelling that this very speed :)

Yep - it seems she has somewhat of a reputation for this since a good few years back. I saw her yesterday evening on my way home and I was actually thinking of pulling over and asking her to stop just to have a rant at her !! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

bubbaloo wrote: »
    Yep - it seems she has somewhat of a reputation for this since a good few years back. I saw her yesterday evening on my way home and I was actually thinking of pulling over and asking her to stop just to have a rant at her !! :D

If its really bothering you, and you think its dangerous, then take the reg and report. Rant at her, and face a road rage visit from the Gardai!

tred wrote: »
    If its really bothering you, and you think its dangerous, then take the reg and report. Rant at her, and face a road rage visit from the Gardai!
    Thanks - but have you actually read the rest of the posts on this thread??:confused:

Advertisement