Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Games and DLC you have to finish

• 20-09-2010 10:34am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭

So I bought Halo Reach the other day when i swore to myself i wouldn't till i finished other games or dlc i'd bought

Does anyone have a list that can beat mine :P

- Red Faction Add on
    - Half Life 2, Ep 1 & 2
    - Mass Effect 2 DLC
    - Oblivion DLC
    - Fallout 3 think i've completed all the dlc i got for that
    - King Kong
    - X Blades
    - Battlefield Bad Company
    - Burnout Island add on
    - Condemned
    - Dragon Age Origins
    - Far Cry 2
    - Forza 3
    - Just Cause
    - Left 4 Dead
    - Prey
    - Saints Row
    - Stranglehold
    - Ghost Recon
    - Viva Pinata

I know some of these ganes you can't really finish like Viva Pinata
    There could be a few im missing but thats really all i have that are still in action :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Halve_ZOL

I hear you mate.
    Just finished Fallout and all expansion packs 2 weeks ago.
    Still want to complete Riddick, Ninja Gaiden 2, Rainbow Six Vegas 2, Assassin's Creed 2, Ridge Racer 6, MoH Airborne, Fear 2, Perfect Dark, DeathSpank, Braid, Scott Pilgrim, Doom 1 & 2, GRID, GTA 4 and I still need to start with Borderlands and all DLC packs.....
    And I want to pick up Halo Reach next week.....
    So many great games and yet no time to play them

Oh, still want to play Mass Effect 2, Alan Wake and Red Dead Redemption at some stage.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,419 ✭✭✭allanb49

Left out a good load of arcade games :P and also some main games hmmm how long will it take to clear this backlog

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

I'm murder for picking up games when I see them cheap and have half an interest in playing.

Oblivion
    Red Faction
    Resident Evil 5
    Yakuza 3 (PS3)
    Valkyria Chronicles (PS3)
    Resistance 2 (PS3)
    Kane and Lynch: Dead Men
    Shank
    Mass Effect 2 DLC
    South Park Tower Defence
    PGR4
    Halo Wars
    Dragon Age: Origins (literally on last boss of main game)
    Brutal Legend
    The Misadventures of PB Winterbottom
    Bayonetta
    Metro 2033
    Far Cry 2
    Earthworm Jim HD
    50 Cent: Blood on the Sand
    Half Life 2 (and episode 1 & 2)
    Banjo Kazooie Nuts and Bolts
    Spider-man Web of Shadows
    Just Cause 2
    Fable II (Haven't played the See the Future DLC, finished everything else)

A few of 'em I've maybe played the first half-hour to hour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Dymo

When you say finish are you talking about the single player or getting to the end prestige or equivalent in the multilayer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭NotorietyH

Dymo wrote: »
    When you say finish are you talking about the single player or getting to the end prestige or equivalent in the multilayer?

For me I meant just finishing Single Player. Didn't really include sports/driving games in mine except for Project Gotham because I've hardly played that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

More than a couple of xbla and dlc here I picked up in deals of the week, worst thing is I forgot about buying a few them :eek:

All above i've listed are Single player, never really arsed with MP

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

Don't have any games currently unfinished in my list that I was playing. There are games that I'm going through for more achievements at the moment though.

I'm working on getting 1K score on Lego Batman which is proving to be a bit of a chore as the game has outstayed it's welcome at this stage.

I just stuck Stranglehold back in the console the other day to try and finish it on Hard Boiled difficulty. Loving this game all over again. Defo worth a play through and seeing as it can be picked up for a fiver it's a great bargain.

I have 2 or 3 games unplayed and they're not really priorities for me at the moment.

I'm looking forward to Dead Rising 2 at the end of the month and after playing the vanquish Demo I can't wait for that one.

Can only play stranglehold for about an hour and then it gets really repetitive and boring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

allanb49 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a list that can beat mine :P

Retr0 does!:p

I need to get stuck back into DR Case Zero and Plants vs Zombies - got kind of distracted by Alan Wake (1 chapter left to go) and the DLC for Mass Effect 2

Other than that, there's not all that much that I haven't finished (or at least finished with)

/edit
    Stranglehold got stuck back in my "don't think I can be arsed with seeing it through really..." pile ages ago... I would recommend you do the same!

• Advertisement

Retro Gamer where are thou!

I already have King Kong there don't wanna be adding to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

djkeogh wrote: »

I'm working on getting 1K score on Lego Batman which is proving to be a bit of a chore as the game has outstayed it's welcome at this stage.

Have that to do myself, up to 850. Been a month since I played it, basically have to replay as villains and get the collectibles. Not sure i'm in the mood to do that in the near future though.

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭hobbit stomper

Oblivion and Fallout 3 are games that can take for ever to finish.

But yes I have a similar habit on Steam. I have currently over 200 games on steam because I keep buying collections when there is a sale on and I'm telling myself one day when I have time I'll play them all... 3 years later and I still didn't find time and I'm keep buying.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,738 ✭✭✭djkeogh

calex71 wrote: »
    Have that to do myself, up to 850. Been a month since I played it, basically have to replay as villains and get the collectibles. Not sure i'm in the mood to do that in the near future though.

Thats pretty much where I am too. I think i've done 2 or 3 parts of the first villain level. It's hard work getting through it. The game is kinda enjoyable for the single playthrough but it's a real pain at this stage. I'm very tempted to just ditch it but I've sunk so much time in now that I feel I have to see it through to the end. . . . and then burn it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,473 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Too many, and don't even get me started on the ones I want to get all the achievements in, just not enough time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Moiph

I have a good few I want to finish as well:

Fallout 3 plus all the DLC
    Alan Wake DLC
    Red Dead Redemption
    Final Fantasy XIII(although I'm near enough to the end of it)
    Fear 2
    Dragon Age
    Brutal Legend
    Pure
    Burnout Paradise
    Condemned
    Oblivion
    Halo Wars

And Fifa 11 is out this friday so this list is going to have to wait even longer! Not to mention the other games that are coming out over the next 2 months. At least I won't be bored anyway! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭seriouslywhat

great thread op.

Yeah I'm a divil for buyin games and playing them literally for one night and then forgettin about them.

I only finished Halo 3 there yesterday as I was thinking I cant buy Reach until I've finished 3.

So now to buy reach or start playin the backlog... and believe me I have some amount of games equalled by some of the others posters on this thread.

I have decided though that instead of buying Reach I am going to attempt to play through all my unfinished games first and then pick it up second hand in about 6 months I reckon.

When my Xbox Live subscription finished there a month or so ago I decided this was the way to go but didnt start playing through the games.

Now that I've finish Halo I feel like moving on to the next one on the game shelf. I bought a bond game for a tenner a few months back I think I'll kick into that tonight seen as I'm in a shooter mood.

Thankfully I'm not alone in my not finishing games thing.

Also hate playing games with few save points and are too hard. I played Halo 3 on easy and enjoyed it not being too challenging. I dont have time to be spending hours going back over parts of games and getting frustrated. :D

Again good thread op

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,785 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I have about 300 games I want to play and haven't finished. Then there's emulators and roms. It's a vicious cycle not helped by my love of long ass RPGs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭seriouslywhat

retrogamer I hear ya. Only for me instead of RPG's my biggest failing has been getting sucked in to Halo playing online, Modern Warfare again playing online, Fifa 2010 both online and offline and Forza 3 offline so far. These games take up HUGE amounts of my time and I have little time to play games anymore:(. But that said I'm going to stay away from buyin new titles for a while and finish a few of the one player games that I have. I think I'll skip Fifa 2011 altogether and wait for 2012 cause it'll destroy my plan!!!!

Advertisement