Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hornet Ammo Query

Options
  • 20-09-2010 10:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

Remington Super-X .22 Hornet 46Gr HP
    This Ammo seems to be pretty scarce around here at the moment (Clare, Limerick, Galway area), has anyone seen any in their dealers, and at what price.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Might be wrong here but are you sure its not winchester super X 22 hornet in 46grn and remington premier in 45 grn.

Super x I havent seen but around the North east I do know where you can Remington and Hornady are popular

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Holdover

Might be wrong here but are you sure its not winchester super X 22 hornet in 46grn and remington premier in 45 grn.

Super x I havent seen but around the North east I do know where you can Remington and Hornady are popular

Thanks Cavan Shooter for pointing that out, I should have said Winchester Super X, (the head is slow today, got a dose of the Mondays)

Holdover wrote: »
    Thanks Cavan Shooter for pointing that out, I should have said Winchester Super X, (the head is slow today, got a dose of the Mondays)

No problem I hear that Winchester super x in 22 hornet is very good and wouldnt mind trying some if I come accross any i'll let you know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭ormondprop

i hear its great aswell, all i can get around me is remington and hornady, dont find much differance between them, a guy that goes hunting with us every now and again uses winchester in his anchutz hornet and swears by it, i think he gets it in rahan tullamore

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Bit far from you but I picked a box up here three weeks ago.

Mallards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Holdover

Thanks for the replies, there seems to be plenty of Remington and Hornady around but the dealers I talked to said that its hard to get Winchester, dont know why?
    mallards wrote: »
    Bit far from you but I picked a box up here three weeks ago.

I know I wont be buying there but as a matter of interest whats the price like.

ormondprop wrote: »
    i hear its great aswell, all i can get around me is remington and hornady, dont find much differance between them, a guy that goes hunting with us every now and again uses winchester in his anchutz hornet and swears by it, i think he gets it in rahan tullamore

I tried Rahan but he said that he hasn't any:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 weldersmask

afaik no-one is bringing in winchester centrfire ammo into the free state

where abouts are you based, sean in stakelums in thurles and paul o halloran in drangan usually have a good stock of ammo, dont know about winchester but might be worth a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭mallards

Holdover wrote: »
    I know I wont be buying there but as a matter of interest whats the price like.

The box before was £24 for 50. I can't remember exactly how much these were but they were around £28 for 50.

Mallards

afaik no-one is bringing in winchester centrfire ammo into the free state

The where???:rolleyes:
    hasnt been a free state in a long time......since 1937, i do believe:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Tackleberrywho

The where???:rolleyes:
    hasnt been a free state in a long time......since 1937, i do believe:D

Republic since 1949 Israel is older by 1 year !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,772 ✭✭✭meathstevie

mallards wrote: »
    The box before was £24 for 50. I can't remember exactly how much these were but they were around £28 for 50.

Mallards

That'll be around the mark allright mallards, Andersons in Omagh is £26 for 50 (Winchester).

bought a box of winchester lastnite off of jim barry in newtown nenagh, 38euro a box, cheapest ammo i've got yet so looking forward to testing them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 195 ✭✭kemen

i bought a box of remi 45gr hp in duffy's in galway just last week, 42 euro i think

Advertisement