Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Handing in notice but term in contract

Options
  • 20-09-2010 10:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I am currently working in a role that just doesn't suit me. I would have left this job months ago except in my contract it states that if I leave before the first 12months are up I will have to pay back the cost of training.

So basically I have only 2 more months left and I will have to give one months notice! My question is can I give my one months notice on the 11th month so I can finish up at 12months and not pay the fee? Or will I have to wait until the 12th month is up and hand in my notice then?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

What exactly does the contract say?

Logic would dictate that you haven't actually left until your last day. If they decide to give you garden leave so you finish earlier, then that's their call - but you are still on their books until a month from your resignation.

Advertisement