Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Using cheap flash for baby photography

• 20-09-2010 10:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭

Hi Guys
    I just want to show some pictures taken with my canon.Assisted with 2 external flash guns.Bought cheap from ebay.12 euro each.Trigered by my cameras flash.Some c&c welcome :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=128251&d=1284976526

attachment.php?attachmentid=128252&d=1284976530

attachment.php?attachmentid=128253&d=1284976534

attachment.php?attachmentid=128254&d=1284976541

attachment.php?attachmentid=128255&d=1284976546

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

I like them, last one a little dark though.
    Lovely baby .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

I liked the last one the best! Very nice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 851 ✭✭✭JayEnnis

What flashes are they? I'm always in the market for some new ones ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 79 ✭✭goldseeker

Bellow is link of that flash,just I bought from China,for 12 euro and shipping was free.It is powered by 2 aa batteries.They are being recharged as fast as my cameras internal flash,even faster,my camera takes time sometimes to get flash ready.

http://cgi.ebay.ie/BRAND-NEW-DIGITAL-CONCEPTS-SLAVE-FLASH-DIGITAL-CAMERA-/280555811540?pt=UK_CamerasPhoto_CameraAccessories_CameraFlashUnits_JN&hash=item41526df2d4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

First one is really nice if a bit blown out, the others need a bit of separation from the background

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 905 ✭✭✭StompToWork

Agree with Boderfox, maybe think about adjusting Black and White points on the first one. Because they are baby pics, what about some Gaussiean blur or softening them slightly?

Last pic is the best. The others could benifit from a few contrast adjustments. I find that is a cheap and dirty way of seperating subject from background a little better. But hey, that's just me.

Separation from the background is on my next to do list.I have to have distance between baby and the background,simply for the moment she can not sit on its own,has to have her back supported. And my 50mm lens on cropped sensor works as a telescope :) I need to crawl out of my apartment window to get her all in frame.

Working out at about €17 per flash for me. How'd you get them at €12? I'm being charged for shipping...?

Can you adjust the power on them, or do you just have to hope for the best?

Nice photos. I like the first and last ones best. The whole overexposed look is quite popular with baby photography isn't it? So i wouldn't really complain about that myself.

The link bellow is for 15 euro,not 12,shipping free.Same I bought.
    You can not control power,so need to bring it close or further away from subjekt to adjust brightnest.Or use some reflector to bounce light from,helps bouncing from seiling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Byrne29

very sweet. i love natural light when taking baby portraits. again .....just me. good stuff though x

Advertisement