Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin to Shercock?

Options
  • 20-09-2010 11:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wonering if anyone could tell me how long it would take to drive from Dublin to Shercock? I have to do the journey tomorrow and I'm just looking for best routes and how long it should take approx, if anyone has any advice or does the drive regularly?

Thanks for the help:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mrgaa1

Dublin - Ardee - Kells Road - Kingscourt - Shercock
    Up the M1 into Ardee town itself. Go into the town and at the 2nd set of traffic lights turn right. Out this road for about 4 miles turn right towards Kingscourt. Up into Kingscourt - at the roundabout turn right to go down the town. Thru the next roundabout and don't stop until your in Shercock

Dublin - Navan - Kells - Virginia - Bailieborough - Shercock
    N3/M3 road - at Virginia (not sure what new roads are open) head towards Bailieborough. Into Bailieborough swing left, down the town past Supervalu. Turn right, left at the roundabout and into Shercock (10mins or so).

As usual when you get off the main roads traffic slows and road conditions change. Allow 1.5hrs minimum but then again its hard to say with traffic with these new roads etc...

Let us know how long it took and where you started in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Thanks for that mrgaa1, will let you know how I get on!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭puss

mrgaa1 wrote: »
    Dublin - Ardee - Kells Road - Kingscourt - Shercock
    Up the M1 into Ardee town itself. Go into the town and at the 2nd set of traffic lights turn right. Out this road for about 4 miles turn right towards Kingscourt. Up into Kingscourt - at the roundabout turn right to go down the town. Thru the next roundabout and don't stop until your in Shercock

Dublin - Navan - Kells - Virginia - Bailieborough - Shercock
    N3/M3 road - at Virginia (not sure what new roads are open) head towards Bailieborough. Into Bailieborough swing left, down the town past Supervalu. Turn right, left at the roundabout and into Shercock (10mins or so).

As usual when you get off the main roads traffic slows and road conditions change. Allow 1.5hrs minimum but then again its hard to say with traffic with these new roads etc...

Let us know how long it took and where you started in Dublin.

I would leave the M3 (don't go to Kells - Virginia - Bailieborugh) for Navan , then take the Kingscourt Road from Navan on into Kingscourt and straight through to Shercock.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

puss wrote: »
    I would leave the M3 (don't go to Kells - Virginia - Bailieborugh) for Navan , then take the Kingscourt Road from Navan on into Kingscourt and straight through to Shercock.
    This is the best route to take if you're taking the M3. Going to Virginia will take longer and cost more than if you turn off for Navan and then head to Kingscourt.

I find its usually quicker to go via the M1 if you're on the northside. There is also a shorter route if you take the M1 as far as Drogheda then turn off for Collon, then Drumconrath, then Kingscourt and then Shercock, but it is a much narrower and worse road.

Should only take an hour to an hour and 15-20 depending on traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭adelcrowsmel

Thanks for all the advise on the routes guys, made the journey in 1hr20mins yesterday going the kingscourt route, started oin the Navan Road in Dublin, so not too bad at all - thanks again!!:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement