Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bettystown court hotel gym

Options
  • 20-09-2010 11:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

I am apoplectic rage with rage. Users of the gym may know that the weight facilities are quite small and limited. But this is not usually a problem. However this morning I drove down to the gym to work out (I live 7 miles away, on the north side of Drogheda) to find that of the five benches they have. Three of them were being used monopolised by two members of staff (one smith machine, a bench press and free bench) the other was in use by another member. Leaving no space and very little equipment for my work out. Other members were using the limited machines. Leaving me no choice but to change and go home. I have to work later and won’t be able to go back down. This is not acceptable, and is not the first time this has happened. I’m I alone in believing this?
    But wait it gets worse, one of the members of staff, runs a personal trainer service and in the past three weeks I’ve seen him monopolise up to three machines at a time. When I went to use one he asked me to wait until his client had finished his routine.

Has any one else had a similar experiance?
    I dont think Ill be renewing my membership, if this carry on continues

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭HALLOW RUBY

It's simple really, Join the Neptune Gym, the facilities are much better, apart from the swimming pool which is a little bit smaller.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 apoplecticrage

Thats what I plan on doing!!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Moved to Meath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Meathborn

Are you guys nuts??
    The Neptune Gym is the filthiest dump I have EVER been in

Cancelled my membership and spent the refund (hard fought) on soap !

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭bitethebullet

I am apoplectic rage with rage. Users of the gym may know that the weight facilities are quite small and limited. But this is not usually a problem. However this morning I drove down to the gym to work out (I live 7 miles away, on the north side of Drogheda) to find that of the five benches they have. Three of them were being used monopolised by two members of staff (one smith machine, a bench press and free bench) the other was in use by another member. Leaving no space and very little equipment for my work out. Other members were using the limited machines. Leaving me no choice but to change and go home. I have to work later and won’t be able to go back down. This is not acceptable, and is not the first time this has happened. I’m I alone in believing this?
    But wait it gets worse, one of the members of staff, runs a personal trainer service and in the past three weeks I’ve seen him monopolise up to three machines at a time. When I went to use one he asked me to wait until his client had finished his routine.

Has any one else had a similar experiance?
    I dont think Ill be renewing my membership, if this carry on continues

I have to agree with you on a lot of points. It's not really a proper well equipped gym. It's just an above-average hotel gym. 3 benches is not enough. They should have another 2 anyway but anymore than that and it would be too crowded. It's quite a small foot print in there so space is critical. I heard a rumour they were going to be expanding upstairs but that was a few months ago and heard nothing else since.
    As with all gyms however there are busy times. I find the quietest times to be before 11 bells in the morning and also around tea time can be quiet enough.
    I'm in two minds about whetheror not to renew my membership. My biggest gripe is the weights section. The largest dumbell they have is 45Kg then 35Kg and then a big jump down to 25Kg. Why don't they have 2.5Kg increments from 25Kg so you can work your way up to the larger weights.
    On the +side the most of the staff are friendly and it is kept well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Fingers Mcginty

They'll have to up their game a little if they want to hold onto members in the current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

OP - as someone who has worked fulltime in gyms for 15 years +, you need to man up and just take peoples stuff off benchs that theyre not using, or else, just tell them to move it so you can 'work in with them'

Dont be a tittle tattle, giving out on here, just deal with it.

OP - as someone who has worked fulltime in gyms for 15 years +, you need to man up and just take peoples stuff off benchs that theyre not using, or else, just tell them to move it so you can 'work in with them'

Dont be a tittle tattle, giving out on here, just deal with it.

your handle would be more polished if you reciprocated your first A & E

Send me a PM if you want me to explain it to ya! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭The Davestator

Don't know what you're talking about but don't particularly care so I'll leave it at that

• Advertisement

you never let me that PM...so how the hell am I supposed to know what you're talking about? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 aniroc

What are the classes like at that gym? I'm thinking of joining but don't want to bother if it's the sort of place that cancels them regularly.
    Thanks.

Advertisement